Patrick O'Connor Guest

Default Best deal on insurance for Home Inspectors?

Hello- fellow Home Inspectors,
    It's time for me to renew my E&O and Gen. Lila insurance- I am in California and I want to ask "where are the deals"? Who are the best carriers? I want to get a few quotes before I drop another 4K per year with _________.
    Any leads would be great-
    Thank you,
    P. OC

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Best deal on insurance for Home Inspectors?

NAPLIA
    CVF

I pay about $2000 per year in Texas.

I pay about $1400 in Texas. But you may want/need/require a higher level of coverage than I have.

International Placement Services, Inc.

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

Richard Doty Guest

Capitol Special Risks, Inc
    Niccole Barnes

I pay 130 a month - $100,000 limits

LARRY BATTARBEE Guest

Sometimes the best deal is not the best deal. There are policies for $891, $875 and up. Ask the carriers how they handle claims. Some immediatly hire a law firm. So even if you did nothing wrong on the inspection, you will still spend your $5000 deductible to prove you are right. Others have in house attorneys, instead of paper pushing clerks, who know how to read the report and the pre inspection agreement. These guys can deny 70% of claims by finding references in your report. And it does not cost you a deductible.

David Nice Guest

Thumbs up Re: Best deal on insurance for Home Inspectors?

You might want to check out the home inspector lawyer. In addition to offering low cost insurance, he also has a subscription program where he will help prevent a claim from going anywhere.

The insurance company he uses is one that will fight a claim rather than just settle to avoid going to court. I know that this has been a an issue that has created a bad environment for inspectors when lawyers jump to go after the inspector BECAUSE he has insurance and figure the insurance company will be quick to settle (even when it is obvious that the inspector was not at fault). This drove inspectors insurance rates sky high in the past. It is good to finally see rates become more realistic.

Anybody that works to change "the way it works" for claims against inspectors gets my vote. We had Joe here a while back and he did an excellent presentation on how to really protect yourself from bogus consumer claims and getting an insurer that will work for you. He will travel most anywhere to present to groups of inspectors of any organization (or none).

I don't work for Joe and I don't get a kickback for referrals to his program, I just really like what he is doing. It is worth checking out. Her's a link to his blog: The Home Inspector Lawyer

Thomas Thayer Guest

Patrick - Hello. I recently did a property inspection for a insurance broker. So when it was time to renew my business liability insurance, I called her first. She was able to double my coverage AND save me a couple of hundred of dollars from what I was paying. You can drop my name if you like.

Below is her contact information:

Pauline Lau
    plau@pegasusfinancialinc.com818-426-2021

213-622-6202

Pegasus Capital & Insurance Services, Inc

550 S. Hope Street, Suite 2170
    Los Angeles, CA 90071 Ins lic #0H06759

Good luck!

Jerry Di Giovanni
    LAs Vegas Nv

I pay $2060 a year for 1,000,000 E & O and 1,000,000 general liability
    It's Preferred Contractors Insurance Co
    My agent is
    Kevin Healy
    Fort Baker Insurance
    21 Delores St San Rafael Ca 94901
    415-578-4606
    www.fortbakerins.com
    Kevin was reccomened to me from other inspectors here in Nevada

They are reasonable and the best coverage I ever had
    Included in that premium they cover for the prior three years that from my other ins. co. when i switched over

Highly reccomend

Wally's the man...cut my freia by 1/3!

Richard Doty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David Nice View Post
    You might want to check out the home inspector lawyer. In addition to offering low cost insurance, he also has a subscription program where he will help prevent a claim from going anywhere.

The insurance company he uses is one that will fight a claim rather than just settle to avoid going to court. I know that this has been a an issue that has created a bad environment for inspectors when lawyers jump to go after the inspector BECAUSE he has insurance and figure the insurance company will be quick to settle (even when it is obvious that the inspector was not at fault). This drove inspectors insurance rates sky high in the past. It is good to finally see rates become more realistic.

Anybody that works to change "the way it works" for claims against inspectors gets my vote. We had Joe here a while back and he did an excellent presentation on how to really protect yourself from bogus consumer claims and getting an insurer that will work for you. He will travel most anywhere to present to groups of inspectors of any organization (or none).

I don't work for Joe and I don't get a kickback for referrals to his program, I just really like what he is doing. It is worth checking out. Her's a link to his blog: The Home Inspector Lawyer

Thanks David!!