Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default State of Home Inspections This Year

Since we're past the halfway point of the year, I thought it would be good to share how the year has been going so far.

I read a LinkedIn article today that said housing is finally turning around. I noticed the upturn when business never really slowed down like it normally would at times like tax time, end of school, 4th of July, etc. Things really got going in early February this year and so far have not slowed down. I'm noticing a significant uptick in the number I inspections I get from Angie's List too (now if they'll all just submit reviews too).

All in all, this has been my best year since 2007 right before the crash when the economy took a dump. I hope most of you are seeing similar volume.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Default Re: State of Home Inspections This Year

Nick,
    We're having an awesome year as well. The first half of 2012 has blown previous years out of the water. Our phones are busy and we are consistently making our goals. I saw that WSJ article as well and thought "Duh! My incoming phone call rate could have told you that!"
    --Welmoed

Welmoed Sisson
    Inspections by Bob, LLC, Boyds, MD
    "Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

Not as busy as it has been in the past, but certainly better than the past couple of years. The one thing that is frustrating is the constant cancellations and shuffling. Oh well, it doesn't do any good to whine.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Here is where I am...... As of today I have done X number this year. I was at the same number of inspections at the following dates in past years...
    2007 @ 4/24
    2008 @ 5/22
    2009 @ 7/16
    2010 @ 8/16
    2011 @ 9/26

So I am way ahead of last year (my worst year ever). About the same as 2009, but well behind 2007 and 2008. And 2007 was pretty much what I considered a "normal" year.
    A normal year (during the summer) I should be doing 10/week and scheduled about a week to 10 days out. I'm doing close to 10, but not scheduling as far out.

I'm up to 175 inspections as of today. About 10% better than this time last year.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

My hat goes off to all of you guys/gals who are providing such stellar service in these trying economic times.

I have been busy since February with residential and commercial jobs. I have several local inspector friends and they are all busy as well. We stay about 5 days booked out on our schedules which is fine with me.

I have noticed an uptick in new construction as well, seems like I have been doing about 2-3 phase inspections a month and I have not had than number in a few years.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

We are also having our best year since 2007. I expect that volume to stay pretty consistent through the end of the year and if so could be one of our best years ever!

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

642 inspections for the first half of 2011 versus 829 for the first half of 2012. my kakalater says that is about a 23% increase year over year.

Dan Cullen
    www.domicileconsulting.com
    Chicago IL

08, 09, 10 were all pretty much the same.... terrible. 2011 picked up a bit towards the latter half of the year and we finished up about 13% over the previous year. 2012 is doing very well. w/o opening the books I'd say we're up about 20% over last year up to this point.

I'm just hoping for it to stay steady and not slow down too much at the end of the year.

I am EXACTLY where I was last year at this time and last year was by far the best of my 12 years in business.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Well things have certainly cooled off. Once the calendar rolled to September and schooled started up, it's like somebody pulled a plug.

It's funny.....when things are busy, I wish for some free time. When I get my free time and too much of it, I want to be busy.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Things are going great in Chicago for most of us veterans though I got slow around labor day which is normal then picked back up.

Dov Herman Guest

Numbers for the veteran inspectors in the NYC/Long Island area are back where they were about this time in 2005 . The trajectory has been upward and I have been steadily gaining market share all year . I'm expecting a really strong finish for the last quarter of 2012.

dan

how many inspectors do you have 600 + for 1 inspector seems like you're never home--please explain thats not fesible for one man operation

cvf

dan

correcting my math--829 inspections so far--thats 3 inspections a day 7 days in the week--how many inspectors do you have ? hopefully more then you--thats alot. every year since i have been is business that year is the best --but please

cvf

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE VAN FLEET View Post
    dan

correcting my math--829 inspections so far--thats 3 inspections a day 7 days in the week--how many inspectors do you have ? hopefully more then you--thats alot. every year since i have been is business that year is the best --but please

cvf
    Chas.

Ever LOOK before you LEAP?

Home Inspection Cook and DuPage County | Chicago Qualified Home Inspectors

Multi-inspector firm - SIX individuals listed (the realtor guy doesn't seem to have a HI), at least five of which are identified as licensed home inspectors on his "our-team" page, a few of which post/have posted here.
    Lets say all five listed are FT - that's 166 per and 39 weeks so far = 4.25 per week.

NEXT!

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 09-23-2012 at 08:11 PM.

hg and dan

maybe state my staff has done so many inpections--not make us think Dan did--just saying --state all the facts--hg you have more time then i to serach web sites

cvf

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

dan

how many inspectors do you have 600 + for 1 inspector seems like you're never home--please explain thats not fesible for one man operation

cvf
    why do you keep insisting Dan is a one-inspector firm? (not the first time).

He includes his website link in his signature line...do you EVER look?

dan

cvf
    There are 4 veteran inspectors in our company and 2 newbies just learning the ropes.

Dan Cullen
    www.domicileconsulting.com
    Chicago IL