Default MULTIPLE INSPECTORS AND THE REPORT

Hi Everyone,
    I am writing to ask about requirements by state when multiple Inspectors conduct an inspection to each put thier names on reports. I am in New York and the State Licensing Board has informed me that all inspections that have multiple Inspectors present must put their names and license numbers on the reports. Has anyone else heard of this requirement? [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']I do not know where they referenced this decision about all the multiple Inspectors having to sign the report. Is there another list of NY State requirements for Home Inspectors than the code of Ethics and the Licensing Law? Neither had a reference to this being a requirement. [/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Home Inspector[/FONT]

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: MULTIPLE INSPECTORS AND THE REPORT

Are you copying and pasting your question from another site?

Hi Rick,
    Yes, I pasted the website link to the New York Inspection Licensing Board.
    I didn't carry over on to the messsage.
    As before:

http//www.dos.state.ny/licensinginspect/inspector.html

Henrey

I don't believe it specifically states that all names must be on the report but why not? Is there some reason you want to keep an inspectors name off the report?
    The code does say an inspector shall not delegate responsibility to another when he knows he is not licensed and/or qualified. How is a client to know if the inspectors licensed if he's not listed on any report?

Does the state say that the Home Inspector shall put his name and lic number on the report ?

Then all must be identified to meet that requirement. If another inspector performed any part of the inspection that went into the report then they have inspected the property as part of the total inspection even if it was a consultation or just back-up to the primary HI the Hi is relying on that seconds opinion and the second HI is a material part of the inspection report.

If one inspector does the entire inspection (all items in report) and another inspects the property but has no input into the report (discussion with first HI) then the second inspector was just a sight seer on holiday.

Doctor in OR observing but having no contact or input is just an observer. Of course the second doc can be hauled into court as a witness to the operation.

Ted Menelly Guest

Our state you will have your name and license number on the report along with the address and clients name as well. I kind of that that was the norm everywhere as I have always put that info on a report.

Ted,
    Point I was trying to make was that any/all inspectors on site performing any part of an inspection should be listed in the report. Even if they only looked at one item that the other inspector did not. Their contribution can be delineated and thus reducing their liability exposure. Paid or not paid by primary inspector. Their fingers are in the pot.

If the primary inspector looks at an item and a second inspector looks at the same item and they confer on an opinion about that item. The primary is using a resource to determine what the primary will state in the report which is the primary's liability.