Lisa Turner Guest

Default Mystery Shower Alert Device

Can anyone identify this "mystery alert shower device"? Ran across this yesterday inspecting a 4,200 SF vacant home that supposedly housed a group of drug dealers. This unit is on the wall of the master shower and has a alert type light in the center with 3 9V batteries. If I'd taken it off the wall I could tell you more about the wiring, if any, going to the unit. I could not identify any other "trip" or device that would be connected to this; the doorbell did not trigger it. No buttons on it. Any ideas? I told the buyer I did not have a clue. This was definitely a "party house" with lots of fixtures missing no no obvious grow ops rooms.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Default Re: Mystery Shower Alert Device

No, although I suspect its a wireless doorbell alert/flasher (such as used by hearing imparied) or a wireless alarm signal and/or flasher (such as tied into a motion sensor elsewhere on the property). However, those don't look like 9V batteries (rectangular, both contacts on one end) - but three each, 1.5V cylindrical (contacts one on either end) AA batteries.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Lisa Turner Guest

Of course, of course, thank you, the batteries are indeed AA type.

C.Johnson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    I Agree with Rick on this. I have seen similar battery operated lights above showers before, they use it to take shower without turning on all the main lights so not to disturb their partner who may still be in bed or so they don't receive the shock of the bright vanity lights when first getting up

I've been yelled at plenty by the misses for turning on the lights before door was fully closed

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Lisa Turner Guest

Mystery solved! Thank you Rick! We were going wild with speculation . . . this forum is fabulous, having this level of expertise and knowledge, and fun besides. L

A simple answer to mood lighting.

Lisa Turner Guest

Aha! How romantic.

Kerr Sway Guest

Its for those who have to wake up early and get dressed without turning on the lights and waking up their partner.

Better than dressing in the dark I quess.