Thread: Soffit Material

Default Soffit Material

I have not seen this material before. It was on a late 60's house. They used it on the soffit and also on some of the interior ceilings. It seems to be holding up pretty well. Any idea what it is called or who made it?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Default Re: Soffit Material

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    I have not seen this material before. It was on a late 60's house. They used it on the soffit and also on some of the interior ceilings. It seems to be holding up pretty well. Any idea what it is called or who made it?
    Tectum panels

Tectum Interior Products-Interior Ceiling Panels

That looks pretty close. That web site certainly isn't big on any close up photos. I can't tell what their product looks like from their site.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

quote=Jim Robinson;165599]That looks pretty close. That web site certainly isn't big on any close up photos. I can't tell what their product looks like from their site.[/quote]

Tectum Acoustic Panels are an ideal choice where walls and ceilings are subject to abuse and noise is a problem.
    Tectum Acoustic Panels combine a unique textured appearance with unusual durability. Features include excellent sound absorption, lightweight structural strength and Class A/1 flame spread rating. The use of Tectum is very cost effective for a multitude of interior applications.
    Tectum Panels are made of aspen wood fibers, bonded with an exclusive hydraulic cement binder. Few, if any other acoustical products can take the repeated abuse that Tectum panels can and still retain their good looks and structural integrity.
    Tectum Acoustic Panels are easy to install on walls with conventional wood or drywall tools. Ceiling installations use standard grid suspension components. The natural or factory painted white panels provide a decorative interior finish. They can be field painted to match colour schemes without losing acoustical efficiency.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

That's the stuff. Thanks.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA