Thread: Trash talkin

Talking Trash talkin

It is with great pleasure I spread the news-

Cole Hamels 'Star' pitcher for the already crowned 2011 NL champions got POUNDED last night by the downtrodden NY Mets.
    Hamels gave up 6 earned runs in 2 2/3 innings while letting the opposing pitched Chris Young get 2 hits in the same inning.
    Last year Hamels was 0-4 against the lowly Mets and is a pitiful 3-8 lifetime against them.

(gotta get my shots in now Nick, Halladay is on the horizon)

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Default Re: Trash talkin

Yep.
    Colbert did not have a good night.
    The wife and I were howling that Charlie pulled him too soon, given that it's just the start of the season.
    At least he didn't head to the showers to sulk. He stayed on the bench until it was over.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Yeah, not a good first outing. I didn't see the game but his pitching line in the box score was ugly. He's sporting a 20.00+ ERA after that shellacking. Oh well. Our secret weapon Joe Blanton is on deck.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    ... Our secret weapon Joe Blanton....
    Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone!

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)

Secret weapon?

4 1/3 with 7 earned runs?
    You guys don't NEED a secret weapon, not with the BIG 3 you have.

Hopefully it rains hard today/tonight and we don't get to see Halladay.

PS FYI

Former Met reliever Pedro Feliciano is now with the Yankees. If the Yanks & Phils can somehow meet in the WS; Pedro has Chase's & Ryan's number. Better tell Charlie to split those guys in the batting order...

'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Blanton is just lulling everybody into a false sense of security. Then when nobody expects it, he's gonna pull the ole switcheroo.

Seeing Chase play at all this year is no certainty. Whatever they do this year may in all likelihood have to be without him.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Miller View Post

Hopefully it rains hard today/tonight and we don't get to see Halladay.
    Halladay pitched well, but it wouldn't have mattered who was out there with 11 runs.
    I am a former PA native, and occasional Phillies fan. Probably a little more occasional the past few years.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

I think I can hear the crickets in Succasunna NJ...

GO ROCKIES

Hey John;

No cricket here; I gave you guys yesterdays game as soon as I saw the probable pitchers.
    I've said it all along, the big THREE are yours; Maybe we can win 1 in 4 against the 3. I can only hope we keep catching Hamels (we OWN him) and Blanton (a 50/50 shot).

Now, if you guys can pull a BoSox (and go 0-6 every two weeks or so) then maybe we have a shot.
    The Mets won the Florida series and the radio talk was WOW, we're better than people are saying, but until Johan comes back and proves he can still pitch, I just don't see it.

Now as far as the Yankees go; that's another story.
    With all the power and speed, the defense is terrific (even if Jeter lost a step), the starting pitching is 'Serviceable' behind CC and the bullpen is one of the best in the majors (with the best closer of all time).

Crickets; I think not.

Tonight my sights turn to Boston for their home opener against the Yankees.

GO Yankees!

Hey Nick & John;

Hows them Phillies working out for you guys??

"I think I can hear the crickets in Succasunna NJ..."

I think I hear taps in Philadelphia...