mathew stouffer Guest

Default Inspector wanted

What has been a good approach for hiring inspectors. Any thoughts for those of you who have guys working for you?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Inspector wanted

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    What has been a good approach for hiring inspectors?
    For starters, quit posting all the horrendous defect pictures. That stuff is too scary for me.

Is there a local association with a list of associate members? You want a new guy that is not well established (hungry), but smart enough and well trained and good looking and drives a clean vehicle. And he's trustworthy and won't steal your best contacts and undercut your prices. One guy in ten will be about right. JMO. Can you guarantee a minimum # jobs?

Last edited by John Kogel; 04-06-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

mathew stouffer Guest

Yeah 5 to 8 a week, average 250 a job

is $250 a percentage inspector gets from full price?? or does hi get full price??
    cvf

Post Re: Inspector wanted

Average only $250.00? It would need to be a minimum $300.00 per job to be worth-while.

Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

mathew stouffer Guest

I was thinking 60/40 split. The average inspection here is 500 to 600. There are a lot of very large houses around here. Check out the roof on this place.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Ted Menelly Guest

I was thinking 60/40 split. The average inspection here is 500 to 600. There are a lot of very large houses around here. Check out the roof on this place.
    Are those you foot prints thru the snow on that roof ??????

If so, what exactly were you looking for? The view around you or were you measuring the depth of the snow?

mathew stouffer Guest

The chimney caps one was damaged and leaking. Wanted to check it out. Each one probably cost ten grand, I didnt want to pay for it.

The chimney caps one was damaged and leaking. Wanted to check it out. Each one probably cost ten grand, I didnt want to pay for it.

You have me beat

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

I don't have, or what, anyone working for me. But if I was to look for someone, one of the things I'd want to evaluate would be previously written reports by the applicant. This would tell me how well the inspector can write, his/her use of terminology and ability to describe and recommend as well as their understanding of systems and components.

The second aspect that I'd be concerned with is trustworthiness, honestly and integrity. If I can ever figure out how to quickly & accurately assess that second part then I'll really have something to market and retiring from H.I.ing will be immediate.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Why worry about the chimney cap when the rest of the roof is invisible ?

Paul Kondzich
    Ft. Myers, FL.