Daniel Cooper Guest

Default Getting certified Lead Safe or Free

Hi again this is Daniel in N. Cal. Thank all of you who responded to my first post, you gave me a lot of good information. I want to explore the possibility of having the apartment complex I manage, certified "Lead safe" or "Free". The buildings were completed in 1967. I purchased a Lead Test Kit and did a little testing of my own and believe there is a chance of passing as lead free , at least the interiors. Is this a common solution? What is your collective experience in this area?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Getting certified Lead Safe or Free

contact a Lead risk assessor, or certified lead tester.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Daniel Cooper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    contact a Lead risk assessor, or certified lead tester.
    I have already contacted two companies who offer this service, the cost is a little high but not if it works. Have you heard of this working before

If you think the being "Certified Lead safe" will bring in better renters then go for it.
    Check everything yourself first, inside and out.
    Then call in someone that can issue a lead free certificate.

Remember, if there is even a trace of lead in even one place, inside or out, it's not lead free.

In my area the cost to test for lead in an average house is $400-$500.
    I have know idea about apartments.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

I would be looking at other places in the area and others in general as to if advertising being lead free is actually worth the cost of being certified for it?. do you have a lot of concerns from the current tenants that you need to go that route or is it for personal satifaction? yes it is always nice to know and be certifited but in life there are so many other concerns that you can spend money on too. before you spend the money ask yourself if there is a real need to be certified. will it make a differance in the rental market? if it doesn't then I would not bother with testing and getting certified. I would be more worried about japan's radiation making me glow in the dark than lead in my paint. just my humble opinion