Thread: Sports Nirvana

David Banks Guest

Default Re: Sports Nirvana

David - When I was a kid growing up in Northampton, there was no New England Patriots. We watched and rooted for the New York Football Giants, as Howard Cosell called them - Y.A. Tittle and Frank Gifford and Rosy Grear.
    Is it my imagination, or are half-times much shorter now than back then? Everything seems like an eternity when you're young.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

It's nice to see some of the NBA's overloaded western talent head east. Boston should be fun to watch this year. I've always liked all three of those guys (Ray Allen, Garnett and Pierce). You never know until they play together but I think the chemistry could be pretty good.

Jack Ahern Guest

When I was in High School --back in the day, I marched with the Princemen during a half time show at BC Stadium for the Boston Patriots. 1961 ??

It has always been fun for Boston Sport Fans. I've seen national titles in all our Pro sports teams---except the Revs.

Boston is my home town---born-raised-educated-married(Boston Irish Girl)-
    raised children-owner businesses-probably croak here.

Heaven on Earth!

David Banks Guest

Matt it sure seemed like they were all happy together at the news conference. I remember the old Celtics teams. They were so much fun to watch. Should be fun around here for awhile. I went to many games the last year of the Boston Garden. Here is a pic I took of the tear down early one Sunday morning from the Expressway.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Richard Rushing Guest

Do not underestimate the acquisition of Gagne... this guy is back with damn good stuff and is a quality individual.

Rich

David Banks Guest

Hey Richard update on Gagne. His first appearance in Boston today. Came in for the 9th inning. Standing ovation. He struck out the first 2 batters then gave up 2 bloop hits first should have been caught and a run.
    Bonus- Yankees lost.

I am a diehard RedSox fan having lived in Boston and my extended family being from there. And now living in San Diego, it's amazing to see how many RedSox hats I see the gym. Looks like everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. There's one guy at the gym who's constantly decked out in Sox gear. Hat, shorts, shirt, even totes a bag around that has the Sox logo. I'm tempted to ask him if he's even from the New England area.

A month or so ago, the Sox came out here to play the Pads. I would say that the fan break down was almost even. A ton of people came out here from the east coast and there are a ton of fans here. Interesting.

Now, for the Patriots. I have ZERO love for them as I owe my allegiance to the Eagles. Although I do think Bellichick is a genius. Nobody was a Pats fan before Tom Brady ;-)

Finally, for the Celtics. Who cares? The NBA is a joke.

Nobody was a Pats fan before Tom Brady ;-)
    I was a Pats fan since 79 when I threw my Dolphins jersey, you have to remember I was a native, born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, from the top of then, Sullivan Stadium! Probably not a smart move as it was November and 17 degrees at the time!

Never looked back!!!

Eric Van De Ven Magnum Inspections Inc. (772) 214-9929
    www.magnuminspections.com
    I still get paid to be suspicious when I got nothing to be suspicious about!

David Banks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Garrison View Post
    I am a diehard RedSox fan having lived in Boston and my extended family being from there. And now living in San Diego, it's amazing to see how many RedSox hats I see the gym. Looks like everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. There's one guy at the gym who's constantly decked out in Sox gear. Hat, shorts, shirt, even totes a bag around that has the Sox logo. I'm tempted to ask him if he's even from the New England area.

A month or so ago, the Sox came out here to play the Pads. I would say that the fan break down was almost even. A ton of people came out here from the east coast and there are a ton of fans here. Interesting.

Now, for the Patriots. I have ZERO love for them as I owe my allegiance to the Eagles. Although I do think Bellichick is a genius. Nobody was a Pats fan before Tom Brady ;-)

Finally, for the Celtics. Who cares? The NBA is a joke.

I get to watch almost all Red Sox games and it is amazing how many away games have more Red Sox fans than the home team.

David Banks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van De Venn View Post
    I was a Pats fan since 79 when I threw my Dolphins jersey, you have to remember I was a native, born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, from the top of then, Sullivan Stadium! Probably not a smart move as it was November and 17 degrees at the time!

Never looked back!!!
    I remember when it was Shaffer Stadium (Beer) and visitors would say the stadium was smaller than most college stadiums.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

GO PHILS!!!!!!!!!! GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!