Hernando Herrera Guest

Default Concerns with NAPLIA insurance?

Hello, this is my first post. I've been in the business for a little over a year and recently switched my E&O from Allen Insurance to the North American Professional Liabilities Agency (NAPLIA). They saved me about $ 1,400 in my premium for the same coverage. But recently a home inspector looked at their website (North American Professional Liability Insurance Agency - Errors & Omissions Insurance) and noticed some references to Hartford insurance and said that an insurance scam had used the "Hartford" name. Now, I'm worried... anybody know anything about NAPLIA or this scam?

Just curious!

P.S. I know there's a lot of debate on whether or not to even have E&O, but I want to skip that for now. Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Concerns with NAPLIA insurance?

Hernando - If you search the archive you will find two posts that mention naplia.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

NAPLIA is a legitimate brokerage out of Natick, Mass. They offer E&O and their policy is written through Lexington. No reason for concern. And this is coming from a competitor. There are pros and cons to each provider/carrier, you need to figure out what's right for you in terms of coverage.

Hernando Herrera Guest

Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions. I think my confusion is finally cleared up!

Hernando Herrera Guest

Here's my final post on this matter.

I no longer have any concerns about NAPLIA insurance company. In fact, I've heard reassuring things from fellow competitors and from the head of a national inspection training company. They've been very helpful in answering my questions and providing customer support. They even saved me about $ 1,400 for the same policy and coverage as another national company who held my policy last year.

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions and responses.

Hernando