Thread: Bank Anger

Default Bank Anger

It's as though they thought the CEO of the bank was going to show up

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Bank Anger

the reply would probably follow one of the greats from the past...

"We're sorry for the massive disruption it's caused their lives. There's no one who wants this over more than I do. I would like my life back."

badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

mathew stouffer Guest

when you don't pay your bills the man comes calling.

Who hasn't done an inspection with an overnite package still sitting on the doorsteps?... maybe some loan docs or something inside. They gave up about a week too early and "threw the keys in the kitchen sink"

People *do* get upset when they are losing their homes... although I haven't found as much concrete in drain lines and cut plumbing as I have in the past... I still keep a' lookin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Spargo View Post
    concrete in drain lines
    funny... that's exactly what I said to the agent.

But on the other hand, there was a recent grant for a few million to the State of Florida to allow poor people to take over abandoned homes, fix them up and live in them. Had that money just been used to "modify" some/many loans we would not have had so many foreclosures. How cruel is it for a bank not to respond when people are in trouble only to dump the house for a loss, take a tax write off and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ghent View Post
    But on the other hand, there was a recent grant for a few million to the State of Florida to allow poor people to take over abandoned homes, fix them up and live in them. Had that money just been used to "modify" some/many loans we would not have had so many foreclosures. How cruel is it for a bank not to respond when people are in trouble only to dump the house for a loss, take a tax write off and move on.
    Agreed..... it's been a HUGE mess. It's big business/government at their worst.

And, as for the "program".... I'm so sick of all these I could just puke. The whole way through this crisis all I've heard about are programs for small businesses and people in need.

Well, I've been about as qualified a candidate as there could be on the small business end and it's a joke. I've called the SBA a few times over the last couple of years only to get caught up in a bunch of red tape and endless forms and finally just give up.

Anytime I've mentioned SBA backed loans to local banks they just laugh, saying they can offer the same interest rates and terms..... about 4 months and 20 reams of paperwork quicker (which I ultimately took them up on and found out to be true).

Our government is such a glued up mess that I can't believe anything actually gets done. And this goes far beyond partisan politics..... it's EVERYONE involved in the government. It's taken decades of mediocrity to sink to where we're at. The next 10 years or so are going to be interesting. At least for the time being people are buying houses again so I'm reasonably content.

This has been a tough lesson for many people. Hopefully most have learned that they have to pay attention to the contracts and agreements that they enter into and not rely on others to properly evaluate their financial situation.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Very true Eric! The problem is that there is denial in this administration that there are still many millions of folks who are upside down in the homes and the number of foreclosures are directly related to unemployment and the ever increasing cost of living. Gas at over $4.00 bucks and still no cost of living increase for Social Security? Where do our leaders live, in Bosnia? All the increases in our business now days is just bottom feeders who are snapping up properties from the unfortunate who have lost their dreams due to the incompetence of our government leaders and their inability to act to protect the interest of the common man. What if the bail outs had gone to the homeowners and not the unions? would we be in the pickle we are in now? Think about it!

I just had a call this afternoon from a fellow who wants to buy a 70 yr old foreclosed home that is deteriorated - and he already knows that there's a mold issue. As it is, he's putting every penny into just the purchase. Without even seeing the house I can be pretty confident that this guy has no business buying such a property. Shame on whomever it is that's allowing this guy to proceed.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Barker View Post
    I just had a call this afternoon from a fellow who wants to buy a 70 yr old foreclosed home that is deteriorated - and he already knows that there's a mold issue. As it is, he's putting every penny into just the purchase. Without even seeing the house I can be pretty confident that this guy has no business buying such a property. Shame on whomever it is that's allowing this guy to proceed.
    So did you tell him you would not do the inspection since he has no business buying such a property?

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com