Mark Gammell Guest

Default Help deterimine age of Armstrong packaged heat pump? Ser# A0626DMA

Deterimine age of Armstrong packaged heat pump, model # PWC18E7 Ser # A20626DMA

I need some help knowing age of a Armstrong packaged heat system I looked at in a apartment / condo conversion today...

It's being marketed as being 2006,, thouhg it looks rather old,,like not 5 years old.. It's a packaeged unit in the mechanical closet on the balcony and it simply looks much older than 5 years, 2006 age. Seems the codo developer repalced some of the units in 2006 and then some till have their older units long as they were thought to be working when they began the conversion to condo in 2006.

Model #: PWC18E7
    Ser #: A20626DMA

My client is settling on Tuesday and want to make sure we've given her correct age for the packaged heat pump system.

Thanks, Mark

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

James Duffin Guest

Default Re: Help deterimine age of Armstrong packaged heat pump? Ser# A0626DMA

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gammell View Post

I need some help knowing age of a Armstrong packaged heat system I looked at in a apartment / condo conversion today...

It's being marketed as being 2006,, thouhg it looks rather old,,like not 5 years old.. It's a packaeged unit in the mechanical closet on the balcony and it simply looks much older than 5 years, 2006 age. Seems the codo developer repalced some of the units in 2006 and then some till have their older units long as they were thought to be working when they began the conversion to condo in 2006.

My client is settling on Tuesday and want to make sure we've given her correct age for the packaged heat pump system.

Thanks, Mark

I would agree it is a 2006 based on the info I have.

Thanks, Mark
    *sorry word doc will not upload 3rd and 4th number in the Ser# is Date of Manufacture.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Billy Stephens; 04-16-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: added pdf file
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Mark Gammell Guest

Thanks Billy,

Are you pretty sure on reding the date code as I had thought the same looking at the serial# plate thouhg this is one OLD grizzly looking 5 year old packaged unit, especially with it being protected inside the HVAC closet on the 2nd floor balcony,

I was questioing it being maybe a 1996 or 1986 unit the building built in 1986. Is this from trusted Pearsons Guide or another I might find online?

Thanks, Mark

Mark Gammell Guest

Thanks Billy & James for the 2006 manufacture date confirmation. Billy, that's a nice date code info sheet... Which publication is the date code sheet obtained. Thanks Mark

... Which publication is the date code sheet obtained. Thanks Mark
    Borrowed From Home Inspector Forums, News, Resources, Education and Events

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

Thanks, Mark
    I am not sure that I am reading this correctly. A package unit installed in an interior room? Sorry, but I can't say that I have ever seen this. I would think that installing this equipment in an interior room would cause a host of problems. Is this the type equipment you are referring to or am I not understanding some local term?

Alton Darty
    ATN Services, LLC
    www.arinspections.com

. It's a packaeged unit in the mechanical closet on the balcony
    Quote Originally Posted by Alton Darty View Post
    I am not sure that I am reading this correctly. A package unit installed in an interior room? Sorry, but I can't say that I have ever seen this. I would think that installing this equipment in an interior room would cause a host of problems. Is this the type equipment you are referring to or am I not understanding some local term?
    Alto,

It's not uncommon to place a utility closet, storage room outside the conditioned space on the patio ( usually in condominiums with several stories, )

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images