Thomas Jones Guest

Default A/C Manufacturer?

Does anyone know who manufactured this A/C unit? If there were any exterior decals they were painted over. The manufacturers plate labels it as a "Summer air conditioner outdoor". Model: R51-36P(I or 1) SN:R30.958. A previous owner, or installer, had bolted on what appears to be a spray pipe to the top back side of the unit with a garden hose attached, but not hooked up to a hose bib. Any Ideas?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: A/C Manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jones View Post
    Does anyone know who manufactured this A/C unit? If there were any exterior decals they were painted over. The manufacturers plate labels it as a "Summer air conditioner outdoor". Model: R51-36P(I or 1) SN:R30.958. A previous owner, or installer, had bolted on what appears to be a spray pipe to the top back side of the unit with a garden hose attached, but not hooked up to a hose bib. Any Ideas?
    Just by the look of the unit I would say it is around 15-20 years of age. I have never seen that design.

I have seen folks putting sprinklers near or on the units to spray water on the coils in an attempt to help the efficiency of the unit, it does not work....

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Thomas Jones Guest

Thanks Scott,

Ive never seen anything like it & drew blanks on the internet...Ill check with a local HVAC dealer.

T. Jones

Bill Brooks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jones View Post
    I have worked on some units that look very close to this unit that were made back in the 70's by Fraser Johnson. They were a very quiet unit the fan in them was squirrel cage design which made them quiet.