Default National Home Inspectors exam

Hey Guys, I am new to the site and almost new to the business. I am scheduled to take the National Home Inspecotrs Exam next Wednesday. I have taken the AHIT course ( don't know if it really covered what will be on the exam or not ). Just wondering if you guys found this test to be extrememly difficult? thanks

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: National Home Inspectors exam

Nope!

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Vernon View Post
    Nope!
    Glad to hear that... Thanks

Ted Menelly Guest

I think it is a good bit deeper than the AHIT course. If I were you I would re-read all your material. A lot of folks may think that there is not much to home inspection but those are the folks that get themselves in trouble. The NHIE is a very well rounded test and should not be taken lightly. Even when you start taking it you may think it is nothing but you better pay very close attention (without dwelling on every question) exactly what they are asking you and exactly what the list of answers are saying to you. It is very easy to slip up reading questions and answers too quickly.

I am one of those that may start to dwell to deeply on each question before I wake up and realize I need to answer the question as asked and move on to the next. Put the answer in your head and then read the answers and match it up with what you thought the answer was and you should do alright. I took it and that was a couple decades after I started inspecting. You will be surprised at how much you don't use on an everyday basis so do not be fooled by that either. One does not know everything and sometimes the simplest questions are the ones you will get wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Tackett View Post
    Hey Guys, I am new to the site and almost new to the business. I am scheduled to take the National Home Inspecotrs Exam next Wednesday. I have taken the AHIT course ( don't know if it really covered what will be on the exam or not ). Just wondering if you guys found this test to be extrememly difficult? thanks
    Don't depend on one source alone.
    Study and memorize ever code book and other reference books you can. If the information you learn is not on the exam, you will appreciate knowing it when you are out inspecting.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Joseph Miley Guest

I took my classes thru AHIT also. I took the NHIE last month and over half the questions I had was on standard of practice code of ethics and less on what I learned from the books.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the input.

About the best study guide or book that a person can use to study for the NHIE would be Code Check Complete. Also EBPHI now offers a series of speciality exams on various domains (area of study or knowledge) that a person can take online for a nominal fee.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com