Default From the "What is this" department. See photo. House built in 1966

From the "What is this" department. See photo. House built in 1966. The house had an old Aprilaire humidifier downstairs. This wall mounted device may be related to humidifier but maybe not. This wall mounted device was upstairs in a hallway, near the old recessed wall "Telephone" station. Not sure what this device is related to? It says 'Young Regulator" on it.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Edward Loughran Guest

Default Re: From the "What is this" department. See photo. House built in 1966

If you goggle Young Regulator it might be what your looking for.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

I believe it is a (manual) locking damper or plenumn regulator control/adjustment point, older version of what is now a 301.

See attached first pdf page 2, then see second pdf for adjustment wrench, then see third pdf for what (or something similar) I believe you would find immediately behiind this control (miter gear) if the HVAC is not immediately behind this wall, but above or below (attic or 1st floor, for example)

then see the products page under hardware (expand list) to reference info on the products mentioned being used with the 301 (clickable link provided at end of this post following "HTH").

You need a young wrench or handle to adjust. May have been rack & pinon, or cable, you'd have to investigate the HVAC, which I presume is in the attic, or a primary trunk, shaft, duct in the wall behind this manual adjustment point for what is concealed elsewhere, or up above or below.

Young Regulator company may still be in business. I bet if you contact them and shoot them your photos they can identify it for you.

Young Regulator Co.
    7100 Krick Rd
    Walton Hills, OH 44146
    P: 440-232-9700
    F: 440-232-8266

HTH.

See first PDF page 2/3,
    then see second PDF for adjustment wrench
    then see third PDF for example of miter gear which might be behind this if the HVAC is above attic or below 1st floor,
    then see this link (expand "hardware" list near lower right): Young Regulator

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 04-28-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Hi H.G. Thanks, good information.

Gene