Default Anyone know of issues with this brand of panel ?

Anyone know of issues with this brand of panel ? (Like Federal Pacific, Sylvania-Zinsco, etc) ? I have not so far been able to locate any failure issues with this panel like the mentioned FPE and Zinsco. This is a Walker ITE EQ Loadcenter panel.

Gene

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Anyone know of issues with this brand of panel ?

No major issues that you wouldn't find in any other panel that's over 45 years old.
    Did you open it up? That is where the issues would be if there were any.

Replacement breakers are available, but some people here will say they are not listed for that panel because they didn't exist when that panel was born.

I will often mention that older breakers may become unreliable, and that the new technology is superior and safer. Replace it.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Guy W Opie Guest

Never had an issue with this panel

ITE panels are now the property of Siemens.

If you look at the layout card, just to the right of the panel label you will see a white sheet with breaker information written on it. On that sheet, there is a description that "turns breakers below off"

This is indicative of a split bus panel. I have had some problems with the ITE panel I have installed at my home (yes I'll get around to swapping it out, dear!)

The worst situation I had was that the dpdt breaker for the clothes dryer had blown out the lead side and fused in the closed position on one phase.

The failure was that there was 120V on that leg 100% of the time. Once I replaced the breaker everything was fine.

Not to date myself, but if can remember the "Bob Newhart" TV sitcom of the Vermont Hotel, then you would recognize the Larry, Daryl and Daryl level of DYI work.

For example, the dryer receptacle also had a tap that fed a 240 V welder.

1960's era panel, has copper bus & uses non-CTL* twin breakers, very decent quality panel.

*Panel bus stabs are not notched to accept twin breakers in specified positions, notches are the norm in panels built after 1968.