Fern Portelance Guest

Default Another "New Kid in Town"

Greetings All,

New Home Inspector here from Northern Ontario, Canada. Just completed college courses for home inspection and shadowed a Home Inspector I know for about 10 inspections. Prior to that I have some earlier work experience in construction, (mostly framing) and several years in Heating, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration. Currently full-time employed in transportation (railway, as a Teamster - Locomotive Engineer). Will retire soon (7 yrs) so I am starting Home Inspection as a business for retirement. (55 is too young to be doing nothing) I am also W.E.T.T. certified for wood burning appliance insurrance inspections. I am in a unique situation as where I am I will be the only game in town. No inspectors around me for a couple hundred miles. Looking forward to getting advice from all the experience there is on this site. Till later.

Fern.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Bill Barnes Guest

Default Re: Another "New Kid in Town"

Fern,

First off, welcome to the wild and wonderful world of HI. All I can offer is please do not let Mr. Holmes ever follow your inspection because no matter how far we get away from the defined scope of a home inspection, with him it never seems to be far enough.

Blue Skies and Green Lights to ya!

Bill

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fern Portelance View Post
    Greetings All,

New Home Inspector here from Northern Ontario, Canada. Just completed college courses for home inspection and shadowed a Home Inspector I know for about 10 inspections. Prior to that I have some earlier work experience in construction, (mostly framing) and several years in Heating, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration. Currently full-time employed in transportation (railway, as a Teamster - Locomotive Engineer). Will retire soon (7 yrs) so I am starting Home Inspection as a business for retirement. (55 is too young to be doing nothing) I am also W.E.T.T. certified for wood burning appliance insurrance inspections. I am in a unique situation as where I am I will be the only game in town. No inspectors around me for a couple hundred miles. Looking forward to getting advice from all the experience there is on this site. Till later.

Fern.
    Very unique situation for sure. I hate to tell you this but I just pulled up a map of your home town. Not only will you be the only home inspector in a couple hundred miles but what the satellite map show is you have the only home in a couple hundred miles

Gonna be tough getting to work unless you have a helicopter or a beaming device to get you anywhere near a populated area.

Fern Portelance Guest

Thanks Bill. I am sure Holmes never heard of Chapleau, Ontario (thankfully). Ted that was hilarious. We are isolated but there are a few more houses than that. My wife spent 5 minutes on the floor in a laughing fit after I read that to her.

Fern

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fern Portelance View Post
    Thanks Bill. I am sure Holmes never heard of Chapleau, Ontario (thankfully). Ted that was hilarious. We are isolated but there are a few more houses than that. My wife spent 5 minutes on the floor in a laughing fit after I read that to her.

Fern
    Welcome to the best Home Inspection information website on the Net.

Best

Ron
    www.santarosavideo.com