Default No power & looking for an answer why

Inspected a foreclosed home. I was told the power was on however it appears its not. The breakers were on, there was a meter head in the Com Ed box and wires at the source (pole) were connected.

The the representative from the bank said they didn't turn off the power. Am I missing something ??

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: No power & looking for an answer why

Could be meter base has power but the PoCo has placed caps on the meter prongs to prevent use of power (no contact between socket & meter thus no power) due to non payment. Just a thought...

We have the new "smart meters" going in all around us in our area. The electric provider can turn off the electricity without even going to the site.

Bill,
    Did you test to see if line was hot on both sides of meter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wieczorek View Post
    Inspected a foreclosed home. I was told the power was on however it appears its not. The breakers were on, there was a meter head in the Com Ed box and wires at the source (pole) were connected.

The the representative from the bank said they didn't turn off the power. Am I missing something ??
    Well if you have no power and the breakers are all on I would say that the power to the house is off. It makes no difference to me how or why it is off, if I'm not able to light up my little Snoopy night light then it is off!

My vote is on caps on the meter base contacts.

A quick call to the power company will tell you in short order if it was cutoff by the power company.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Bill - Considering you're the one who was at the house and everyone else who was not in the house is telling you that the power is on, I'd tend to believe that you were the one who wasn't missing anything.

A couple of years ago I took a brow beating for saying the gas meter was locked off. Listing agent and bank were insistent that the gas was on. It wasn't until I sent a photo that they shut up.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Eric,

I send those same pictures out all the time when they swear it is on and act like I'm an idiot.

Once that see the picture with the lock on it, they have a different attitude.

rick