Default Brick Veneer Wall Support

Do you think the bottom course of this brick veneer wall is ok setting atop treated lumber fastened to the foundation? I believe the foundation is ICF (this is the only view of the foundation). The house is 5-years old and the brick is in good shape (no cracks/leaning/etc).

Thanks,
    Joe

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Re: Brick Veneer Wall Support

I would say no. Treated lumber can and inevitably does get soft and develop rot issues over time from exposure to moisture. And what's with all the nails protruding off the board? How is that board fastened? I see one bolt that looks like a lag.

Looks pretty sloppy.

Last edited by Nick Ostrowski; 05-17-2011 at 07:00 AM. Reason: typo
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Ground contact PT lumber is only rated for 20 yrs use. Most 2x4 is not rated for ground contact use so is less than 20 yrs. How long do you want the brick veneer to be supported?

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Nope. Drainage planes, air space behind, Flashing, No waterproofing, unvibrated deteriorated, apparently site mixed concrete, tie system; its a total cluster bomb screw up upon screw up on unfinished project of failing exposed, incorrect const. including crap veneer "work".

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 05-17-2011 at 07:51 AM.