Default New Item on panel Never seen before

Here is a Photo of something I have never seen before can anyone help me? The house was built in 97. Panel is a 125 amp service.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: New Item on panel Never seen before

Looks like a meter that sends readings of usage to a remote device.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

James Duffin Guest

I agree....it looks like a power monitor.

There is a box under the panel that has two toggle switches under the panel. I didn't see any way to read the device so maybe it is something the power company has installed to monitor usage on this particular home? But why and who uses the information? If the power company installed it they wouldn't of hooked it up improperly. There was 2 double taps on 30 amp breakers that the device is connected to. The home is not foreclosed and has tenants in it. I had the buyer ask the owner about it and told him I would ask here too.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

That transmitter should be mounted on the outside of the panel and not laying in the bottom of it?

As David said.

The Cent-a-Meter can be installed by a person with electrical safety training and experience or an electrician in about 10 minutes. Installation is easy. Simply install the batteries (included with your purchase) in the receiver, mount the transmitter to the wall next to your breaker box using the included bracket, and clip the current sensors to the household power lines. Then plug the sensor transmitter cable into the transmitter jack on the transmitter. That's it!

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

Thank you Rick! I was able to send the buyer all the information about their product. Putting the link in here was going the extra mile. Thanks

Glad I could help.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.