Default Sun Nuclear 1027 use with bluetooth

I'm trying to develop a way of downloading the test file from a Sun Nuclear radon monitor 1027 via a serial bluetooth adapter to an Android phone. Has anyone investigated this? I'm not an expert in this area and would welcome any help. What I've done so far is to purchase a firefly serial adapter and added a bluetooth app to my droix x phone. The phone sees the device, but I can't get or see the file.

Any help? If I get the answer to this I will share it. It would be great to get the file and redeploy the unit without using a computer to download the file.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Sun Nuclear 1027 use with bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Signor View Post
    I'm trying to develop a way of downloading the test file from a Sun Nuclear radon monitor 1027 via a serial bluetooth adapter to an Android phone. Has anyone investigated this? I'm not an expert in this area and would welcome any help. What I've done so far is to purchase a firefly serial adapter and added a bluetooth app to my droix x phone. The phone sees the device, but I can't get or see the file.

Any help? If I get the answer to this I will share it. It would be great to get the file and redeploy the unit without using a computer to download the file.
    Not that I know what I'm talking about, but I bet that you will need to have the 1027 software on your device(phone) in order to recover or read the data from the 1027.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Scott, I thought of that, but the monitor is sending something over to the program, I don't know if its raw data or a file. I called Sun Nuclear and they told me that people have inquired about this, but they have no plans of developing anything.

Do you think this is something you would be interested in if it was available?

Hopefully someone smarter then me can help.

Scott, I thought of that, but the monitor is sending something over to the program, I don't know if its raw data or a file. I called Sun Nuclear and they told me that people have inquired about this, but they have no plans of developing anything.

Do you think this is something you would be interested in if it was available?

Hopefully someone smarter then me can help.
    I'm pretty sure it is raw data and that is what the 1027 program deciphers.

I don't think I would have much use for it. Right now I pick up the 1027's and then read them at the office and email the results. So much easier than trying to look at a little screen and doing it in the field; or to me it is easier.

Sun Nuclear is not going to do much of anything with the 1027's they just about discontinued them when the 1028 and 29 came out. But, the 1027 has a huge following so they are keeping them in production for now.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Sun Nuclear is not interested in doing anything to upgrade the download process. They claim its too much work and not worth the effort.
    I have asked them about getting my Apple to be able to download it, and they just say NO!
    I run Parallels and Windows XP on my Mac. I'm able to run Inspectvue (and all Windows programs) on my Mac, and can still use my Mac software at the same time. I had to load the driver for the USB to Serial cable on the Mac, then go thru a 10 step process when the fast install didn't take, but I am now able to download my radon reports on my Mac now.

Larry Blue Guest

Google search threw this up - Sun Nuclear 1027 talking to Android phone over Bluetooth - YouTube