Default Identification of fluorescent fixture/bulb type

Never seen this one before, it appeared that the bulbs had side-mounted contacts at each end, but they did not remove readily, and I did not want to damage a bulb discovering how it installed.

Could not locate anything like it on the net, and the local electrical supply house could not identify it based on a verbal description.

Anyone know what I was looking at?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Default Re: Identification of fluorescent fixture/bulb type

The light have a small nub on each end that a cap snaps onto, the cap has a leg extension that plugs into the fixture. 1940/50 light.

Can cot give the actual name of it, sorry.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Start off with what was the size/diameter of the tube and the length.Do you consider the color in the photo representative of the appearance? i.e. orange-yellow as opposed to green-ish white or bluish white light? (color index).Was there a starter present.Lets Work from there.

If they are what I think they are.

Hold the top and bottom of the light bulb,
    Pull away from wall fixture,
    There are insulators over the metal connectors that are a snap on(like a button).

Bulbs were still available (few years ago) from high end lighting store that also did repairs.

It is a screwy bulb that you do not see often. I had them in my house, built in 1939.
    Replaced a few times (expensive), then bought a new fixture (regular bulbs) for just a little more than replacement bulb.

If you can still find them expect to pay $15 to $20 for replacement.

If the lamps are as some posters are saying, they are not flourescent they are "Lumiline" incandesant, rather rare thes days...

Doing a search for "Lumiline" will bring up sources for the bulbs, and the special end caps that go with them. The pictures of the end caps give clues to how to remove the lamps, which shouldn't be attempted unless there's a problem as a broken lamp and end cap(s) can result in a $40 - $50 bill for material.

I'd definitely note this as an obsolete fixture.

Bill you have it. Could not remember name. You are more than right on obsolete. Short life span and expensive to replace.