mathew stouffer Guest

Default Feeder cables behind bus bar in service panel

Can the feeders be run behind the bus bar in the service disconnect. The electrical in this place was a mess so this was just par for the course, but it caught my eye. Single family home built in 01.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Feeder cables behind bus bar in service panel

I'm going to say that is okay as I see, or think I see, a metal plate behind that panelboard interior (with the breakers) where the panelboard interior is bolted to the metal plate, and that metal plate is on standoffs, which creates that space behind the panelboard interior and the back of the enclosure.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Roger Frazee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    I'm going to say that is okay as I see, or think I see, a metal plate behind that panelboard interior (with the breakers) where the panelboard interior is bolted to the metal plate, and that metal plate is on standoffs, which creates that space behind the panelboard interior and the back of the enclosure.
    I would agree with Jerry. This combination enclosure is utilizing feed thru lugs to a downstream panel. I'm not sure why the green insulated ground wire is ran with the feeder.
    I see 2 hots, a neutral, and a stranded ground wire as part of the feeder cable. Then there is that insulated green wire making five wires. Where does it go?

mathew stouffer Guest

Ufer that i could not access