Default Water heater vent through ceiling

For anyone who is interested to see the heat at the water heater vent connection/contact through a ceiling without a thimble/firestop spacer. Basically in direct contact with the drywall. At that connection the temp was 143 degrees.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Water heater vent through ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    For anyone who is interested to see the heat at the water heater vent connection/contact through a ceiling without a thimble/firestop spacer. Basically in direct contact with the drywall. At that connection the temp was 143 degrees.
    How hot was it in the attic? Was the water heater firing at the time the image was taken?

The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

Default Re: Water heater vent through ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Heiler View Post
    How hot was it in the attic? Was the water heater firing at the time the image was taken?
    That image was taken from the garage. No vent through the attic from where it was accessible. It wasnt firing at the time the image was taken but may have just finished. I wasnt "looking" for this, I saw it scanning the under side of the living space and though it was interesting how the drywall absorbs the heat. I did, however find a toilet leaking.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images