Default Is this particular Federal Pacific panel as notorious as the Federal Pacific “Stablok

Found this panel at an inspection today. Is this particular Federal Pacific panel as notorious as the Federal Pacific “Stablok” panels? I have checked some online material and most issues point to the FPE “Stablok” panel and breakers. What about this panel I found today? Is it considered to be a hazard as the Stablok? See photos.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Default Re: Is this particular Federal Pacific panel as notorious as the Federal Pacific “Sta

FPE is FPE.

I hope you noted the loose, stranded wires that were not gunned down under the screw.

Default Re: Is this particular Federal Pacific panel as notorious as the Federal Pacific “Sta

Nolan, yes. I did. Thanks. There were several things going on with this panel, in addition to being FPE.

Appreciate the input,

Gene

I think those are Stab-Lok breakers. It appears to be a split-bus panel with the odd shaped sockets on the buses.
    Besides the stray wire that 60 amp breaker has a little crack where somebody was clumsy with the screwdriver.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Lou Romano Guest

This is a 3-section split bus Stab-Lok panel! Besides the obvious things you and others have stated did you also call out that it is in a closet?

James Duffin Guest

I had forgotten that those breakers are only rated a 40 degrees centigrade. There is not even a 40 degree chart in the wiring table anymore.