Default Is this a heat pump?

This is a furnace in a 5 story loft. I have never inspected a unit with water lines. The roof units did not appear to be heat pumps, but the thermost has an emergency heat function.

Trane GEVB03611M0130TL000000010000000000

This unit was crammed into the top of a closet and I could net get a good look.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Is this a heat pump?

Every water-to-air unit I've seen has been a heat pump.

Especially with that maximum 35 amp breaker/fuse.

Looks like they had to re-pipe the water for some reason?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

James Duffin Guest

The data tag says it is a WSHP which I believe to be a water source heat pump. Was the system using wells or a low temp boiler and cooling tower?

Quote Originally Posted by James Duffin View Post
    The data tag says it is a WSHP which I believe to be a water source heat pump. Was the system using wells or a low temp boiler and cooling tower?
    The unit did not have a water heater. The buyer said it was public water but I could not get access to the "boiler area".

So if it is a colling tower set up is there a condeser as in a traditional colling system?

There are condensers on the roof but they did not have assignments.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

James Duffin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sandweg View Post
    The unit did not have a water heater. The buyer said it was public water but I could not get access to the "boiler area".

So if it is a colling tower set up is there a condeser as in a traditional colling system?

There are condensers on the roof but they did not have assignments.
    I don;t believe that condensing unit is a part of the WSHP system. The unit in your first post is a package system.

Don Burbach Guest

Google is YOUR friend. When I have something concrete I often use a google type search. In this case I guessed that I could use GEVB036 as a search argument.

I found all sorts of hits that describe this unit.

TRANE GEVB036 Heat Pumps describes it as a:

The TRANE GEVB036 is a residential water/brine to air packaged-unit heat pump.