Tony Vargas Guest

Default Horizontal crack

Hi
    I have a question i pretty new at this but from what i have learned this pic of the exterrior with horizantol crack means hydrostatic pressure ,i called for a SE was i wrong for calling that out but i noticed my boss says not to through up red flags if not needed dont want to scare the agent and buyer . i mention the bowing in the wall in my report and he did not really think it was that big a deal . inside the crawlspace it looked fine am i making to big of deal on this , how would you guys report this?
    Thanks

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Horizontal crack

If its bowed inward you did right by calling for further assessment.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Vargas View Post
    Hi
    I have a question i pretty new at this but from what i have learned this pic of the exterrior with horizantol crack means hydrostatic pressure ,i called for a SE was i wrong for calling that out but i noticed my boss says not to through up red flags if not needed dont want to scare the agent and buyer . i mention the bowing in the wall in my report and he did not really think it was that big a deal . inside the crawlspace it looked fine am i making to big of deal on this , how would you guys report this?
    Thanks
    Certainly looks, but looks in a picture can be deceiving, that this is a failure waiting to happen.

The stucco once went straight down the wall to the foundation wall and now it appears the walls is slidng out or the foundation going in. Anyway it was right to call for an evaluation but again, not being there and seeing all that may be going on, I am not sure about an engineer, but maybe. Not to mention the stucco goes right to the soil and those pesky termites can come right up behind that failed stucco to the framing and that may also be what is going on.

As far as not scaring the Realtor ????????? Sounds like your boss has plenty of work from not scaring the Realtors. He has at least you as an employee and maybe more. He did not get that busy from pointing defects out in the homes that have been inspected. After all he may scare a Realtor or two and then not have so many referrals and employees. I could have made a fortune in this business and a multitude of employees if I actually worried about whether or not I was about to upset a Realtor by protecting my clients interest.

Tony Vargas Guest

thanks guys i appreciate your help