Default Re: Treehouse inspection

I see he failed to write up the exposed paper facing on the insulation.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Looks like someone has more money than sense.

You just can't make this stuff up:

"According to a qualified designer and builder of treehouses, Jonathan Fairoaks who has been building treehouses for 41 years . . . "

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Framing contractor: Billy Knothead
    Insulation Installer: Freddy Ballznitchin
    Window Glazer: William Hung

and so on........

Michael P. O'Handley Guest

This article about treehouses is from yesterday's Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Those aren't the tree houses I remember.

When I think of a tree house I think of the one like pictured below. As a kid, we spent numerous hours in one just like it. We would all meet there like a 8 am. and play Army or something till around lunch. Then we'd go home pack up a lunch and then come back and play all afternoon.

Oh the stories that were told. We talked about girls, what our dads did for a living, what we wanted to be and did I mention we talked about the girls.

I even remember our parents letting a couple of camp out one summer night in that tree house. First strange noise late that night and we all hooked it home.

Those were the days.

Rick

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

We had a tree house when I lived in New York about 40 miles south of Buffalo, it was only up about 6 feet, where there was a large fork in a large tree, fully enclosed, 'no goils allowed' , all that stuff, but, that winter a blizzard split that tree at the fork, bring both halves of the tree down and the tree house with it.

That next summer we dug an underground clubhouse down into a large mound across the street, the mound had been there as long as we could remember ('we' were not that old, though), and after using it for awhile, our parents discovered what we had been doing and forbade us from going down in there because it might cave in on us. (Of course, though, when you forbid a kid to do something ... ). Later that summer, during the heavy rains ... yep, it collapsed in on itself. That mound had been there a long time - with support in its center, but it did not last the summer after its center had been dug out.

Tree houses, caves, you name it, we did it, and we survived to tell about it.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Ted Menelly Guest

Let me tell yeah

Down here when I have been camping a few times as soon as the light started disappearing the monster (and I mean it) spiders start repelling from every foot of every branch of every tree. I know it is the same in other parts of the country but here???? I think the dam spiders are on steroids. All the other 8 legged creatures and the no leg creatures come to life. I am glad I was not a boy around here. Some of the strangest insects find their ways into zipped tents as well. Hobo spiders the size of saucers on the screens of the tents.

Lions and tigers and bears Oh my.

Now back to the tree houses. I actually bought a couple sets of plans for elaborate tree houses in the past. It is great for the folks today that actually have money and property where they can put these together for the kids.

Nice article Lisa.