Tony Vargas Guest

Default flicking lights 1988 home

Hi
    need help on this lights in this house are flickering even when my bathroom fan is on the light flickers like the juice is being sucked out of the fan. only 4 upstairs lights are doing this downstairs no problems can one of you electrical experts tell me what can cause
    Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Roger Frazee Guest

Default Re: flicking lights 1988 home

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Vargas View Post
    Hi
    need help on this lights in this house are flickering even when my bathroom fan is on the light flickers like the juice is being sucked out of the fan. only 4 upstairs lights are doing this downstairs no problems can one of you electrical experts tell me what can cause
    Thanks
    Hi Tony

Unfortunately this is not a forum for help with electrical problems by a homeowner. Post your question at the below link and you will get the help you want.

Electrical - DIY Chatroom - DIY Home Improvement Forum

Hi
    Thanks
    Punctuation makes reading a post much easier.

If I read your question correctly, it sounds like a loose connection somewhere. Could be a splice in a box, or at a terminal in the circuit breaker panel. An electrician will have to do some tracking to find the problem.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

If you have back-stabbed connections in that branch circuit, it could be a bad wire connection at one of the receptacles. But it could be a faulty breaker, or rats chewing on wiring in the walls. The fan increases the load, drawing more current thru the bad spot.

It needs repair right away. Get an electrician to fix it, before a hot spot bursts into flame.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Hi
    Thanks
    It could be several things that are causing it. My bet is on a bad fan. Replace the fan and if it goes away, case solved. If not then call an electrician to run the problem down. Either way you need to contact an electrician to be on the safe side.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com