Charles Cline Guest

Default RE: Insurance for part-timer

Hi Guys. I'm just getting started on a part-time basis and I would like to find 'part-time' insurance. The Allen company offers it in packages of ten for around $500, but not in TN. Any ideas?

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Insurance for part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cline View Post
    Hi Guys. I'm just getting started on a part-time basis and I would like to find 'part-time' insurance. The Allen company offers it in packages of ten for around $500, but not in TN. Any ideas?
    Hi Charles,

In Tennessee you must be licensed to inspect homes. This is why you can not get the "Pay As You Go" insurance through Allen insurance company. You need to have a real E&O policy. I did not see listed on the license page, so I'm assuming that you are just starting the process and you are getting your ducks in a row. You should expect to pay around $3000+- for E&O coverage for a new inspector.

This is a link to the state site, it might help you. State of Tennessee - Home Inspector Licensing Program - Home

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Charles Cline Guest

Yes, Thanks Scott for the reply. I have passed my exam, and yes I have recorded the requirements needed in order for the state to issue a license, which include liability and E&O insurances. Are inspectors not required to be licensed in the state in which Allen insurance is located?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cline View Post
    Yes, Thanks Scott for the reply. I have passed my exam, and yes I have recorded the requirements needed in order for the state to issue a license, which include liability and E&O insurances. Are inspectors not required to be licensed in the state in which Allen insurance is located?
    Allen is in Georgia, I think just outside of Atlanta. GA dose not have HI licensing yet.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Speaking of E&O, my youngest son who works for an Insurance company here in Dallas called me today and told me that they are going to be carrying E&O for HI's.

His company had been notified of the new requirements for HI's here, so they are going to write it also. I bet many are going to be jumping in on this market.

He said for the minimum of 100K that TREC is requiring, it looks like it going to run around 1700. to 2K per inspector.