Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Did The Sellers Disclose Anything of Significance?

"No, nothing's wrong".

Mmm hmm.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Default Re: Did The Sellers Disclose Anything of Significance?

The pic of the glow plug being on is as I saw it without the furnace even running. It was just.....on.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

In the homeowners mind, working = nothing wrong

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Rental property?
    Ignorant meter reader, no doubt.
    What, no crumbling chimney pics? Not so bad, then.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

They should all begin with, "Once upon a time..."

To be fair, homeowners can be oblivious to many conditions and may not be trying to "hide" them. On the other hand, where do you draw the line of what's reasonable? The real test would be if the disclosure statement were to be revised if the buyers decide not to buy this home.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

I agree that homeowners most time just don't know what to look for. But......the electric meter box was tied in place with clothes line. And the clothes line was looped through two screw in eye hooks that were screwed in inside the enclosure where the meter box was before it got pulled down on the wall. If the sellers don't know that clothes line and eye hooks are not acceptable methods of repair to an electrical component (ie - defects), then they are either oblivious or lying.

Don Burbach Guest

Eric,

I agree! On foreclosures, I feel that banks are fraudulently ignoring disclosure laws. I see houses that are a disaster and the buyer walks away from the sale. I'd love to be able to go back after a failed sale and see if the disclosure statement was updated on the next sale. Also, I wonder why no one presses the banks regarding BPO, field asset management reports, and of course what the listing broker tells the bank about the condition of the property.

On the other hand, I had a simple question regarding my home mortgage yesterday. The bank phone rep answered the question then the phone person said that she sees that their records hadn't be updated in 30 days........and asked me a slew of questions in addition to the usual, like 'live in the property?, phone numbers, home owner association name, monthly charge, person in charge, wife's employment, salary, my employment, profit, etc'.......... most of these answers were, 'I can't remember....my wife take care of that'. Of course, I am very current, not underwater, and not about to be foreclosed.

I don't believe that bank knows nothing after they've foreclosed, cleaned out the house, maintained the house, and spent a year trying to sell the house for $50K !!! If a phone rep can get basic information in a non-distress situation, what about the professionals the bank has hired to handle their property?

imported_John Smith Guest

I ask this to buyers all the time. They always indicate "no problems listed on the disclosure".

I wonder who is getting up in the attics and placing all these towels, buckets, etc under plumbing vent leaks? Must be the tooth fairy's side job.

Maybe one of these days I ought to unwrap one of those stinky moldy towels to see if there is any monogramming on it.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

The disclosure statements here pertain to people who have lived in the home during the past year. An owner who has been renting out the home or a bank have no duty to disclose anything.

Also, I think it would be easy for someone the honestly forget about some situation they had in the past. It can be easy to too quickly find fault with someone else when in fact an intention to deceive was not present. I prefer to take things at face value i.e. it's not on the disclosure and I don't know why. Both are factual.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Speaking of seller's disclosure; That's one old roof!!

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Don Burbach Guest

The roofer's name is Joseph!