Default Sun Nuclear CRM's

Any thoughts out there about the new 1028 and 1029 Sun Nuclear Continuous Radon Monitors. I've heard great things about the 1027 model, as well as it's EPA approval and cheaper cost. Should I stick with the tried and true, or go with the new ones?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    John Thompson
    Shelter Works Home Inspections, LLC
    Missoula, MT

Default Re: Sun Nuclear CRM's

I like the 1027. They are small, easy to use and easy to handle. I have only seen the 1028 & 1029 machines at shows, for the longest they had trouble getting them certified by NEHA. I guess they have done this, I don't know.

They are about twice the size of the 1027. I think that the 1029 is more machine than the normal home inspector needs for basic radon testing. The 1028 does the same thing as the 1027 but it has some new features that will cost you a couple of hundred dollars more.

For now I'm sticking with the 1027's. In fact I need to buy a couple more units. If anyone is getting out of the business and you have 1027's that are in good condition, let me know.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Default Re: Sun Nuclear CRM's

To my knowledge Sun Nuclear has not gotten EPA and NEHA approval of these devices. Be careful using a device that is not approved if you are testing to EPA and NEHA (or NRSB) protocols.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com