Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: My Active Rain post

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    Any fool can take a 3 week course in how to sell a house and become a realtor. It blows my hat that this somehow makes him more righteous than a home inspector. So you can have a greenhorn kid snooping around the house and going through drawers, but he's got a realtor's licence so he won't steal? Gimme a break.

For the record, home inspectors don't steal. They are busy inspecting the entire time they are in the home. I've changed settings on thermostats and let the odd cat`escape, but folks, your prized possessions are safe with me. Tell your realtor buddy to wait in the car, please.
    Wish it were that easy John, but like I mentioned, they have to be present during the inspection - that means "in" the house when anyone else is in there except the seller. And that's a whole 'nother story - the homeowner that won't GTFO of Dodge while the inspection is going on. Sheesh !!!

Member Benefits1

Wow, that's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Why does this thread come up when I search for EIFS?? Is it because one bozo mentioned an inspection that involved EIFS??? in a vain attempt to justify his existence??
    For crying outloud, get a clue, webmaster.

I'm a dyslexic agnostic-Don't believe there is a dog...

Quote Originally Posted by John Carroll View Post
    Wow, that's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Why does this thread come up when I search for EIFS?? Is it because one bozo mentioned an inspection that involved EIFS??? in a vain attempt to justify his existence??
    For crying outloud, get a clue, webmaster.
    Some Bozo just brought me here by adding to this thread and using it to insult others.

The Bozo you refer to is an expert in EIFS and you are not.

Hi Bob, How have you been?

I'm not really sure what John Carroll is referring to, or why searching for EIFS brought him here. This thread has nothing to do with EIFS, but is about a problem that is more prevalent to traditional home inspections and the choke hold that real estate agents have on the industry. By the way, this is another reason I much prefer EIFS(moisture intrusion) inspections. No politics, no kissing ass...(I mean "building relationships" with agents) no cupcakes or tape measurers dropped off at the agents offices.

Too bad he does not have an opinion that is relevant, I'm sure it would have been interesting.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Everything is great Steve.
    Had my busiest July ever so far and seem to have slowed down a little this past week with only three but needed a break.
    G.F problem,s but that is normal.

Sure hope John does not require your assistance in the future as he seems like a social bridge burner.

OK back to thread subject before the uppity types complain.

Hey Bob,

Busy good, GF bad.

My sons are opening a show this week, we've been busy with sets, lights, and sound. (in addition to a productive work week) I love it!

Whether or not John or anybody else will ever require my assistance (or visa versa) is not an issue.

I am always happy to contribute anything that can help anybody, and would like to believe the feeling is mutual. We all come here to share, learn, and help. On any given day, the best can learn something new... the very best usually do.

I do not agree with every opinion that was projected in this thread, nor does every opinion agree with mine. The right to disagree should be respected. Harshness and disrespect doesn't help, it makes bad karma and clouds the issues.

After all is said and done; there are all different flavors...we will believe what we want.

Last edited by Steven Turetsky; 08-07-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: typo

I know I can call you for help in EIFS when ever I need it Steve.
    Goes without saying that the inverse applies and you can contact me anytime as the same applies to anyone else here that needs it.

To many know it all types here for me to visit often and belittling of others to feel self important seems to be the code here.

Those with education in certain areas should help rather than downgrade or puff chests to prove man hood.

My phone is always on and hope I make a difference as there is no threat in helping since the only challenge is making consumers aware of the profession ,so lets all pull each other up rather than shoving down.

Good, cuz soon I'mm gonna knock on your door to help me with website(s). I'm lost when it comes to that.

Sure thing Steve.

My newest one I completed using Home Inspector Pro template #36 in 2 days and won the May website award.
    Chicago Home Inspector | Home Inspector in Chicago and Chicago Suburbs

I know what they need but have many of my sites in limbo because changing or upgrading might effect SEO.

Old sites have the most power so if you have any older URL's that are not ranking give me a buzz.

The one above instead of over thinking was simply put together using Dom's tips.

The video makes me look older however as I shaved the mustache and lost 20 lbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12