Default FED PAC STABLOCK AC DISCONNECT

I have seen many FED Pacific Stablok main panels but very few Stablok AC Disconnects. I wonder how many of you see the FED Pac AC disconnects and do you write them up for the same reason that you would a FEDPAC (FPE) main panel? (I wrote both of them up..treated them the same as to potential for issues).

Gene

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: FED PAC STABLOCK AC DISCONNECT

It does not serve as a breaker there, just a disconnect for the safety of a service technician. I would say nothing about the brand name, but I'm biased.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

I suspect that if you were to have removed that dead front cover, you would have found that to be nothing more than a small FPE panel and that the disconnect actually is a breaker, and that it installs (and jumps out at you when you remove the dead front cover) just like any other FPE would.

As such, all FPE associated problems are likely associated with that too.

You have to forgive John, he is from "up there" and "up there" the effects of gravity seems to be different and their FPE breakers do not jump out at them like they do us ... ... may be the same "down under"?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Gentleman, the lines have been drawn. Steady your weapons, walk 10 paces, turn, and fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene South View Post
    Gentleman, the lines have been drawn. Steady your weapons, walk 10 paces, turn, and fire.
    No, I'm not here to defend the manufacturer. Just tossing out my opinion, from the relative safety of my batcave.

Gene, yours is made in New Jersey and it is missing a cover screw. So screw it, call it out.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

It's a panel installed as a disconnect. Same crap inside that panel as the others.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Both panels have an issue regarding "working space" clearance and accessiblity "ready access" regarding their proximity with the blocking condensor unit closest to the wall to which they are surface mounted, the space being further defined by the projecting downspout and junction of the retaining wall.

Yes that cabinet/panel is an obsolete, and issue-ladden FPE. Question its application even within the parameters at the time of its manufacture and labeling at this location, rating, and especially in relationship with its elevation below adjacent sloped grade - and proximity to run-off & retaining wall.

Cap over former knockout atop suggests a reuse/relocation of equipment, and inappropriate/unsafe as to location conditions - further gap between same and cabinet/"can" questionable continuity/safety/bonding. Dirt and debris collections on d/f face further suggest inappropriate equipment selection (type/classification) for environment/conditions.