Default How many FSBO's are you getting?

Just looking over my stats for the last 3 months, 21% were FSBO's. That is, no realtors involved.
    With sellers having to accept lower prices, they are finding ways to advertise the home themselves and they are finding buyers. In Canada, there is a push on to make the MLS more readily available to private individuals.

Are you guys seeing a similar trend?

I like doing the FSBO inspections just fine, but I find I'm answering questions I have no business answering and drifting into the realm of real estate slightly sometimes, such as when the clients are completely clueless. My advice to them is to get a notary public on their side. We need to stay focused on the home inspection.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by John Kogel; 07-17-2011 at 07:18 PM.
    Crawl Space Creeper
    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Default Re: How many FSBO's are you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    Just looking over my stats for the last 3 months, 21% were FSBO's. That is, no realtors involved.
    With sellers having to accept lower prices, they are finding ways to advertise the home themselves and they are finding buyers. In Canada, there is a push on to make the MLS more readily available to private individuals.

Are you guys seeing a similar trend?

I like doing the FSBO inspections just fine, but I find I'm answering questions I have no business answering and drifting into the realm of real estate slightly sometimes, such as when the clients are completely clueless. My advice to them is to get a notary public on their side. We need to stay focused on the home inspection.
    I really do not track FSBO's but I would say that they amount to about 5% or less. I honestly prefer when a real estate agent is involved, I seem to get less calls, questions and folks looking for me to tell them what they need to do. In the States a notary public is about as useless as teats on a boar hog.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

I too get many questions that are better suited for a realtor when the buyer goes the FSBO route and does not use a realtor. I have not noticed a larger percentage of sales being FSBOs but I don't keep track of it.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I really do not track FSBO's but I would say that they amount to about 5% or less. I honestly prefer when a real estate agent is involved, I seem to get less calls, questions and folks looking for me to tell them what they need to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    I too get many questions that are better suited for a realtor when the buyer goes the FSBO route and does not use a realtor. I have not noticed a larger percentage of sales being FSBOs but I don't keep track of it.
    Interesting that you don't track the realtors. When I find the time, I punch all the info into an Access database, including client info and realtor info. I can do a query and see how many jobs have involved the same realtor more than once. That would seem to indicate a referral from that person. Maybe it is not very useful info, after all, but the FSBO info is significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    In the States a notary public is about as useless as teats on a boar hog.
    I'll tell my notary you said that.
    Up here, they will do the title search and get the paper work in order for 1/3 the price of a lawyer.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca