Brandon West Guest

Adam Kling Guest

Default Re: E & O Insurance/ General Liability

Brandon,

There are quite a few insurance providers out there that can help, it really depends on what your needs are, whether you are looking for the TX state required limits, or a higher limit policy, and what endorsements you require.

We are happy to provide a quote for you, there are also a few companies that work right out of Texas that have great rates as well, as well a few reputable national insurance providers.

I have provided our link below, but you should absolutely shop around and see what fits you best.

www.inspectorproinsurance.com

I use Superior Insurance Company in Dallas: ask for Barbara @ 888-788-0124. They had the best rate I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by ken flournoy View Post
    I use Superior Insurance Company in Dallas: ask for Barbara @ 888-788-0124. They had the best rate I could find.
    E and O is a critical protection for home inspectors. In my experience, it is not a matter of if you get a claim, it is a matter of when. Remember, there definition of claim may vary by carrier... but it really just comes down to: is there a written demand for money or compensation.

Note-- Not if you think the claim is legitimate, not if a lawyer is involved... just if a demand is made.

First Indemnity assist with managing a claim through First Dollar Defense- You deductible does not apply to defense costs.

An expert that is there to assist you in responding to and writing the letters.

Expert attorneys in all 50 states that have handled Home Inspector matters.

go to www.homeinspectorliability.com for a cost competitive quote that provides your the protection you need at a price you can afford.

John Remark

First Indemnity Insurance
    Home Inspector Errors and Omissions
    87 Oxford Street
    Lynn MA 01901
    202-465-4306
    f-202-478-0856
    c-202-714-1200

We also Have
    Drone
    I/R
    Mold/Environmental Coverage

john@homeinspectorliability.com

www.homeinspectorliability.com

John,

This isn't intended as a place for "free" advertising.

In fact, using such "free" advertising gives that advertiser the appearance of an uncouth moocher.

Instead, contact Brian using the "Contact Us" link and sponsor one or more forums - that shows couth.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    John,

This isn't intended as a place for "free" advertising.

In fact, using such "free" advertising gives that advertiser the appearance of an uncouth moocher.

Instead, contact Brian using the "Contact Us" link and sponsor one or more forums - that shows couth.

No intent of offense was meant. I have reached out to Brian. In regards to putting my name out there, all my competitors have in various spots and threads...

Quote Originally Posted by John Remark View Post
    In regards to putting my name out there, all my competitors have in various spots and threads...
    I think most, if not all, of the others sponsor one or more forums (their sponsor ads show at various times), which goes along with them providing their additional posts.

Brian will go over whatever options he has as I'm not affiliated with the board and don't have any information or knowledge of the sponsorships.

It's the sponsorships and ads which allow Brian to keep this free for us to use.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon West View Post
    Just passed the Texas Professional Inspector exam !!!! Now any pointers on getting insurance?
    Hi Brandon!

Full disclosure: I work for a home inspection insurance company called InspectorPro Insurance. And, I'd be amiss if I didn't say we're pretty great. (Just check out our Facebook reviews here.)

However, like Jerry mentioned, you're probably here for referrals from other home inspectors rather than the sponsors or vendors themselves. So, I'll let them lead the conversation and pipe in if I can provide anything of value regarding ours or other insurance companies' coverage options.

When you do start to get insurance quotes from providers, I'd suggest checking out these tips on shopping home inspection insurance, which we published in the ASHI Reporter. We provide three important differentiators to examine when comparing providers so you can make an educated purchasing decision. Read the article here.

Best of luck shopping insurance. And congratulations on passing the Texas Professional Inspector exam! Welcome to the inspection industry!

Stephanie Jaynes
    Marketing Director
    InspectorPro Insurance
    We Protect. You Inspect.
    www.inspectorproinsurance.com