Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Heat Driving Buyers Underground

This hot spell has really put a lid on things. Phone has been very quiet for most of the month. I'm sure vacations are doing it to but the heat is oppressive. I'm sure you Texas guys get this all the time but 100 degrees up here with the humidity we get makes it very uncomfortable.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Default Re: Heat Driving Buyers Underground

Shoot, we've only hit 80 a handful of times this year, and haven't seen 90 yet. I'll take some of the heat off of your hands, but you can keep that humidity.

It's brutal. On a silver-coated flat roof today I was blinded and cooked at the same time!

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

We've had now I think 3 weeks in a row with 100 plus days with no rain in sight. We are all kind of used to it and we just call it Summer.

rick

Feels like 126 F

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)

That 126 just seems dramatic. It only felt like 122 to me.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Nick,

It is so hot here we're pulling potato's from the ground and putting butter, sour cream and chives directly on them.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Nick,

It is so hot here we're pulling potato's from the ground and putting butter, sour cream and chives directly on them.

rick
    Just check the 10 day forecast on weather.com for Rockwall Texas Rick. Ugh!!!

Looks like we have a cold front of only 99 degrees coming in Thurs. and Fri. this week....

rick

Happy to be busy but the heat is a killer.....

Rick

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Vacation time has set in up here in the Philly area and the phone is growing cobwebs. People all heading down the shore. I likewise will be getting out of dodge come Friday. We'll be vaca'ing in Hilton Head this year. I'm looking forward to doing some surf fishing

Ted Menelly Guest

The address yesterday #108 in Wylie. At the moment inspecting next to the house number it was 108. An hour later the temp was 111. A few moments later standing on the roof it was it was difficult to breath. The heat coming off of the shingles st well over 150 brought the surrounding air to approximately 125. I was off the roof in moment but saw what I needed. Yes, the heat has slowed the influx of clients for me. Also one of the fairly new locals has dropped his pricing to 275 for everything.

My normal clients of engineers and tech folks are smart staying out of the heat on vacation somewhere. Instead of "I am calling would like to schedule", I am already getting "I am calling for a quote" Way to early in the year for that.

Nick

Might not be a good idea to post that you will be away
    Some people actually do find their next home to target by inadvertent post.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    Nick

Rick, come on. You just harshed my income for August!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    Nick

If I recall I saw a post by Nick a few months ago stating something to the effect he has a couple pit bulls that don't bark, they hide in a corner, if a stranger enters his home, they then wait until the crook is all the way in his/their home before they attack.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Just a thought on walking roofs during this heat. I was on an inspection today, mercury hitting the 110 range. The inspection was in the afternoon around 3:30, the only time the client could meet me. I climbed up onto the roof, asphalt shingles. It seemed that the temp raised another 10 degrees on the roof. It may have been my imagination, but the shingles actually felt spongy, and was definitely cooking the soles of my feet through my Red Wings! While walking the roof, the thought occurred to me.... Is there a possibility that I could be damaging these composition shingles by walking on them? Are they in a weakened state when they are over-heated like they were today? Am I doing more harm than good by walking these types of roof coverings during this heat? What are your thoughts?

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
    Jubilee Home Inspections

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Smith View Post
    Just a thought on walking roofs during this heat. I was on an inspection today, mercury hitting the 110 range. The inspection was in the afternoon around 3:30, the only time the client could meet me. I climbed up onto the roof, asphalt shingles. It seemed that the temp raised another 10 degrees on the roof. It may have been my imagination, but the shingles actually felt spongy, and was definitely cooking the soles of my feet through my Red Wings! While walking the roof, the thought occurred to me.... Is there a possibility that I could be damaging these composition shingles by walking on them? Are they in a weakened state when they are over-heated like they were today? Am I doing more harm than good by walking these types of roof coverings during this heat? What are your thoughts?
    If it is a steep rough I would say yes. Not so steep so you do not have to dig in to walk and be flat footed about it, may. It also depends on the quality of the shingle.

I did measure the air temp around me when it was 111 Tuesday. When on the roof the air around me, 125

Jeffrey L. Mathis Guest

I finally wrote down an portion of a low pitch attic as inaccessible due to heat. 145 degrees. No planks to walk. That sucks the breath out of you.
    JLMathis