Default Anyone using Google Calendar?

I came across this a couple months ago and have to say it's pretty nice. I can get into it from my PC or smartphone from anywhere which keeps me from having to carry around a pad or try to remember my schedule... especially on the weekends since I like to grab calls when I can.

It never fails that someone calls for an inspection on Saturday the 15 minutes I'm wandering through Home Depot without my schedule.

Also, once you put a an address in you can just click on it on your smartphone and use it as a GPS.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Anyone using Google Calendar?

I use the Google calendar for my personal stuff. Very cool and easy to use. I have instant access to my information at the office, at home, on vacation, on the road and on my smartphone.
    Google Docs, Picassa and SketchUp are a few more tools i keep handy.

Quote Originally Posted by hassan View Post
    yes of course i am also use Google calender, only all over the world follow Google plan, At this time Google is a very search engine in the world, we like the Google search engine because his search is authentic for all the world.
    That is painful to read!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    That is painful to read!
    Obviously English as a second language. Look at the name. I got the concept though. How would you do in Arabic?

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Yes, been using it for several years. Every Google mail account has one associated with it. I actually have 4-5 gmail addresses.
    I primarily use two calendars. One for personal business and one for my actual businesses. One can create several calendars within the base calendar and color code them. example: I have calendars for medical appointments, bill paying, dog shows, family business, the software reviews I write twice a month etc. Each has it's own color and is presented all on one page. This syncs to my android phone when out of the office as well so I always have the info available.

I do the same thing on the business side since I have several activities and two businesses to track.

Setting appointments, either single time or reoccurring, is very easy. Once set, you can map it directly from the appointment popup in the calendar.

There is also a service called Jott that I have linked through a Vitalist account that allows me to add "to-do" items to my calendar via a voice call from my cell. Sweet!

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

My family started using to help out with my dad's schedule. He's getting too old to drive, so it helps everyone keep track of who's supposed to be picking him up or visiting at his place in FL. It's very nice that everyone who needs to can access it and make changes with the share feature.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

imported_John Smith Guest

Yes. I have used it for quite a while. I also use the Google docs. Created a standard form that I can fill out while making appointments. That way I always remember to ask the required questions and it dumps into a spreadsheet.

Matt, trolling through Home Depot looking for work???

Quote Originally Posted by imported_John Smith View Post
    Matt, trolling through Home Depot looking for work???
    Nah.... just buying inferior parts for my house, not disclosing unpermitted work I do (and doing everything wrong) all with the intent of selling to some poor bastard while lying and hiding everything I can. Nevermind.... I forgot, that's all the other people there

I just go for the good hot dogs

Been using it a couple years, really like it. Have it set up for 4 "calendars", Hers, mine, ours and business appointments. Since my wife and I both book business appointments and both use android phones, we never double book. Calendars sync immediately to all devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary DeWitt View Post
    Been using it a couple years, really like it. Have it set up for 4 "calendars", Hers, mine, ours and business appointments. Since my wife and I both book business appointments and both use android phones, we never double book. Calendars sync immediately to all devices.
    I use pretty much the same setup with my business partner. Have you ever had trouble with the syncing? Ours is pretty much perfect but has had some trouble at times.... things taking a couple hours to show up, etc. It's rare and seems to be the worst when entering on one android. It's pretty much 100% when entered on a PC.

No trouble per se, but we do need to check if the phone is currently "online", as in wifi or 3g, before relying on it being synced. Because of the battery drain, I don't leave 3g on all the time. When I do turn it on, the phone immediately syncs.
    One of the most annoying "features" of the android OS, in my opinion, is the inability of apps to turn on 3g connection only when needed, instead of delivering an error message.

Tom Camp Guest

I started using Google Calendar when I changed from Blackberry to Android. Blackberry synchronized with my MAC applications whereas the Android did not, but with Google Calendar I exported the file and it opens in iCal which is still a good thing.