Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Association Accreditations

Lisa you are outright prevaricator and its very evident you will say anything in order to please your master. He has taught you well how to skew the real facts.

And in case you haven't read this quote below, its from your own forum..
    Sure makes the CMI requirements and application process suspicious, doesn't it?

Perhaps some of you are now finally seeing why a handfull of us on the MB have been battling this for the last few years. All our negative remarks really did have a reason behind them. This affects all home inspectors credability, not just those that claim to be "Masters" of the profession. If this is what the "Creme de la creme" equates to, how does the public perceive the rest of us? By failing to make corrections to the program, the
    CMI program has become the laughing stock of the industry. Pity. It could have been so much more than was ever intended as a marketing ploy to dupe unsuspecting consumers.
    I think you and Nick have a big problem on your hands, your members are speaking out and all you can do is spread false information in order to make yourself and your organization look good. Shame on you.

Better call in the big guns the ESOP and discipline these outspoken members by having a few public hangings, that should keep everyone in line.

I think you need to brush up on the term public relations, thus far you seem not to be able to grasp anything other than mistruths, but then again you are reliant on a pay cheque.

You are also stuck in a groove repeating the same nonsense over and over, that tells me you are not capable of be truthful, let alone being able to present tangible facts.

I know I won't be disappointed with your non answers.

OREP Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Funny you should bring this up..

Over the past few weeks, ASHI has been doing a marketing study and it seems that over the past 10 years ASHI National has had over 3,000 individual CE programs approved by the various states for CE. Then we have the individual chapters who have almost double that number, so I would say that Inachi is not the only organization providing CE for their members.
    I didn't catch this post from a year ago..

This is great information to pass on to New and established inspectors, they DO Have another place to go for free and low cost CE, and they can get it from an association that they don't have to be embarresed to say they are a member of.,

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

They often teach our courses through our providers and don't even know it. If you knew how many industry vendors are actually wings of InterNACHI, you'd cry even louder.

InterNACHI, resistance is futile.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    They often teach our courses through our providers and don't even know it. If you knew how many industry vendors are actually wings of InterNACHI, you'd cry even louder.

InterNACHI, resistance is futile.
    What ever, the truth is ASHI has been offering it's members continued education for 25 years. Nacho has only been around for 10 years and offering cont ed for the past 5 or 5 years .

If new inspectors want free stuff from an org that doesn't have a clue of the qualification of their instructors , oh well, facts are less than 5 % new inspectors make it past 5 years.
    With nacho master certified inspectors, instructors like this guy..

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...s-closets.html

Many of us that have made it past the five years, understand why the new guys never make it past 4 or 5 inspections, and appreciate the fact some orgs verify the source of information being passed on to other inspectors, PRIOR to approving CE credits.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Oh oh
    Here is another quote from another senior member of Nacho... commenting on the open public side...

CMI is a crock of s h i t. It deceives the public into believing a "Master Inspector" is performing their inspection. Pure bull s h i t. Sad but true.
    And another...
    I'm not sure if it was ever free... but I do know it was $50 not that long ago (5 or 6 years ago?).

Nick himself has stated a few times in the last couple of years that the CMI designatiuon is strictly a marketing ploy. Don't believe me? Ask him yourself.

When discussions occur about the qualifications to be toughened, the only thing that happens is the fee get's raised. Currently at $1,000 USD.

Fact... I was qualified many years ago, and I refuse to participate until if and when the CMI program actually means something. I don't care what it costs, as long as it is appropriate for what it is. $1,000 for a marketing Logo? No F-ing way! Anyone spending that kind of coin for this is an idiot.

In my opinion, there are only a handfull of inspectors on this MB that are true Master Inspectors. Guess which ones are not!
    and another...

Gee JJ, it seems that link doesn't work anymore. Go figure.

CMI was tainted from the beginning. The 1000 total needed may have meant something if that was the starting point for inspections alone, but adding CEU's into the mix made it a farce. And what happens if the 1000 inspections were done poorly or with multiple errors? Nobody checks.

The opportunity to be a CMI without ever having inspected a home made it lose any credibility as an actual certification.

The background check, while it may sound good to the public, means nothing when it comes to being able to inspect or not inspect.

You only need look at some of the questions and answers that some CMI's or "pre-approved" CMI's write on this message board to determine whether the designation is worth the paper it is printed on.
    There was a discussion several pages long about CMI but all the content has been removed because is was not flattering, and was truthful. Why do you suppose Nick had it removed?

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f11/hones...spector-22936/

But in lieu of that missing info here is another link...Lisa you better get on this and have the thread removed...

Can I be a CMI without ever having performed an inspection? - InterNACHI Inspection Forum

Members of the public reading this thread would be well advised to stay away from anyone with a CMI logo on their site, better still boycott anyone who says their a Nacho member, you know the association 'Nacho' where you can become an inspector instantly after passing an online exam in less than 15 minutes... where there is no complaint process, where designations can be bought under the table...

Thanks Lisa you make my job so easy!

You mean they've been SELLING continuing education for 25 years. Who out there still pays for continuing education? Did they not get this memo?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

You mean they've been SELLING continuing education for 25 years. Who out there still pays for continuing education? Did they not get this memo?
    They've been selling education and you've been selling meaningless certifications. Which is worse?

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Our 1,200 government approvals for our courses say otherwise.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

And here is that free Mastering Roof Inspections article series.

Enjoy fellas.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Post 22 above from 2011.

Here is a person who was given his CMI gratis. Self explanatory. Calls into question the legality of a fraudulent title.

Claude Lawrenson

Re: Association Accreditations
    Lisa you mention in your last post about the importance of "how you earn them". Let me mention from my own personal experience, I was magically bestowed that much touted title of "CMI". Yes and I at least know of another, and yet another.

Let me also state this was gifted without ANY FORMAL PAPER WORK from me to validate or authenticate my background, let alone a criminal check, or sworn affidavit from a notary.

In fact it was questioned a number of times right on the NACHI forum. So you see the forum even provided more evidence that questions the value of the CMI.

It was a nice gift, however, it was one that I gladly relinquished. So I see the CMI as having many different levels of let's call it "credibility" in the home inspection industry.

Perhaps some of the naysayers of the CMI have made some valid points about its (CMI referenced) questionable rigor and defendability. Or is it just a credential one can purchase, or automatically bestow upon an inspector.

Take another example how within a matter of weeks the 14 CMI's in the Province of Alberta has grown to 35, which raises more questions and suspect concerns.

On another note it also raises the question about why certain education providers have been favoured over those that have applied many times.

You see the question once again comes back to marketability of credentials and the reality of how rigorous some really are, versus the apperance of actual rigor and authenticity required to achieve that "credential".

Just my humble opinion and personal experience!
    I simply believe in earning my credentials.

Regards, Claude

Ray, this from Nick
    CMI's requirements have evolved (increased) over the years.

The most recent evolution requires the applicant to submit (mail in) documented proof of being in the inspection business for at least three years.

Now one might complain that some inspectors became CMIs before this requirement was adopted.

But because this requirement was adopted more than three years ago, such a complaint would lack merit.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Our 1,200 government approvals for our courses say otherwise.
    And we all know government never gets anything wrong.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. All those governments all over the world and over 36,900 inspectors in 65 countries got it wrong.

Perhaps you should examine your forum signature.

ASHI #242887
    LOL!

Remind me not to ever go to the track with you. Talk about picking the wrong horse!

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 07-17-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Yeah, yeah, yeah. All those governments all over the world and over 36,900 inspectors in 65 countries got it wrong.

Perhaps you should examine your forum signature.

LOL!

Remind me not to ever go to the track with you. Talk about picking the wrong horse!
    Sorry, but I don't go for the instant gratification offered to dupe the unsuspecting public. I earned my accreditation.

Ken

Its readily apparent that Lisa is a paid spokesperson for her task masters.

Since she needs to be employed in order to make ends meet she is not going to ruffle the feathers of the cheque writer, and takes her orders without question. She has made the obvious choice for the money rather than scruples.

Having said that and given the credibility of NG and his zealots ... well birds of a feather flock together.

I think we should have a lottery as to how long Lisa will be employed once she has been used as so many have by NG and then discarded to the trash heap of Nachi history.

Here today, gone to Maui.

Kevin,

Training and education offered by HI associations isn't the point here. Lack of actual accreditation is. Self-certification and flowery titles are worthless.

Education is not just about memorization or test taking. Formal education is the process of training and developing people in knowledge, skills, mind, and character in a structured and certified program. Education is also a socialization process where individuals have an opportunity to interact and learn acceptable skills such as norms, values, attitudes and a better understanding of rules and regulations.

"Thurow (1976) states, education generates inequality. The skills gap created in formal education between lower and higher educated individuals further extends during the working career. Moreover, the finding that undereducated workers acquire just as much or even less additional skills than their adequately educated colleagues in similar occupations confirms Heckman’s (1999) statement that the trainability of low-skilled workers is limited."

Education is not just about memorization or test taking.
    I think you are right. That is why we use so much onsite video. Online video allows the inspector to inspect hundreds of different roofs with subject matter experts on each type. This can't be done from a chalkboard in a classroom.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wood View Post
    To me one hour of reading Professional written articles is Continuing Education.
    If you call it self certification consider the mess the world is in because students memorize what is needed on an exam and then 6 months down the road don't even now where they went wrong.
    Then they carry that same info and train someone else as they climb the ladder so to speak. It is best to train in such a way that no mistakes can be made.
    I do believe that the best type of teaching is what you "can remember" not what you remembered to pass.
    Just as a follow-up - how can you quantify or measure what you can remember?

Mistakes are made - perhaps the slip and fall course (Fall Arrest) is one example of why people are trained and than tested on their knowledge. Yet slip/fall injuries still happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12