Thread: QUIZ

Guy D Brand Sr Guest

Default QUIZ

I know you guys have seen a lot out there, but I think this one is up there!

Quiz questions are:

1. Was a permit pulled?
    2. Was it possible to move the ceiling box over 8"?

Just had to show this one off !!!!

FYI: This is two car attached garage (conversion in progress) with FROG & full bathroom over.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: QUIZ

If a house falls in on an idiot and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

Randy Mayo, P.E.
    Residential Engineering & Inspection Services
    http://www.rlmengineers.com

Guy D Brand Sr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Mayo View Post
    If a house falls in on an idiot and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

Good question!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy D Brand Sr View Post
    with FROG ...
    I know I've seen that used here before, and that I've asked this question before, but I don't see it enough to remember what it means, soooo ... what is a "FROG"?

Family Room Over Garage is all I can think of, but I don't understand what calling that a FROG would be different from BROG for a BedRoom Over Garage ... and you never see that used???? Or a GROG for GuestRoom Over Garage.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Guy D Brand Sr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    I know I've seen that used here before, and that I've asked this question before, but I don't see it enough to remember what it means, soooo ... what is a "FROG"?

Family Room Over Garage is all I can think of, but I don't understand what calling that a FROG would be different from BROG for a BedRoom Over Garage ... and you never see that used????

finished room over garage

finished room over garage
    Okay, thank you, but ... I'll probably forget it again for the next time.

At least you can see the original beam was covered with the required 1/2" gypsum board ... yeah, that's it, they were exposing it for you so you could see it and not wonder if that was done.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Okay, thank you, but ... I'll probably forget it again for the next time.
    You and me too!

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Ted Menelly Guest

Family Room Over Garage is all I can think of, but I don't understand what calling that a FROG would be different from BROG for a BedRoom Over Garage ... and you never see that used???? Or a GROG for GuestRoom Over Garage.
    Now, a French Canadian is sometimes affectionately known or called a frog but I never got that one either. Not sure if I ever asked but tried to piece it together on many occasions. For all I know its a bad word.

"I know you guys have seen a lot out there, but I think this one is up there!"
    Yeah, what a dumba$$. All he had to do was cut the ends off of a couple of blades.

Ted, besides 'frog', wasn't 'French' also a bad word for a while? Aren't y'all still eating 'freedom' fries down your way?

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Ted Menelly Guest

I
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    "I know you guys have seen a lot out there, but I think this one is up there!"
    Yeah, what a dumba$$. All he had to do was cut the ends off of a couple of blades.

Ted, besides 'frog', wasn't 'French' also a bad word for a while? Aren't y'all still eating 'freedom' fries down your way?
    I am not a subscriber to all that freedom fry stuff. Nor was I subscriber to a man telling me in a conversation that because I was white I owed him and his family something for some reason or other.

I lived in mass for 36 years and I remember back then that it was canucks that were the nice guys and frogs that you had to watch out for but never subscribed to any of that either. Every race had their nick names like mine, I had several being Cherokee, Italian and Irish. I heard them all.

Last edited by Ted Menelly; 08-01-2011 at 05:56 AM.

[quote=Jerry Peck;174311]I know I've seen that used here before, and that I've asked this question before, but I don't see it enough to remember what it means, soooo ... what is a "FROG"?

Well, in communications lingo, to "Frog" a circuit means that you have switched some part of the circuit with the same part in another circuit to determine what part is failing. Done when failure continues but trouble can't be tested. Just another bit of useless trivia.

Stephen G Guest

More use of the 'Frog

I was in the army a bunch of years.

When wearing a web belt and yolk. The frog is secured, so it is located, centered over the left buttock (for fixing bayonets). The scabbard and bayonet can then be attached to it. Frog.

Steve

No explaination needed.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Post Re: QUIZ

Well, speaking of non-permitted alterations . . .

Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

It could be termed an insult, though it has been used as a mere nickname too. There is no clear answer to how the name came about, but it is thought that the French term for English,’Rosbif’ and the English term for French as ‘frogs’ came out mutually..
    The English were called rosbif for preferring Roasted Beef while the French were called frogs simply because they had frog legs for meal!

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Cyr View Post
    It could be termed an insult, though it has been used as a mere nickname too. There is no clear answer to how the name came about, but it is thought that the French term for English,’Rosbif’ and the English term for French as ‘frogs’ came out mutually..
    The English were called rosbif for preferring Roasted Beef while the French were called frogs simply because they had frog legs for meal!
    I have heard that before. Thanks for refreshing the memory. I know a co-workers name years ago was Romeo. He was a Frenchman. His box name was the frog. Everyone played with his name all the time do he just said, call me the frog.

Daniel Mosier Guest

Lightbulb Re: QUIZ

Good question!!!!
    Yes it does make a sound. Sound is defined as the PRODUCTION of waves, not the reception.

Robert Metheney Guest

I know its been hot, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Cyr View Post
    I'm a wooden-booter. Anyway, since this thread is a quiz, therefore educational, here's a few definitions for 'frog'.
    frog (frôg, frg)n.
    1. Any of numerous tailless (hey, that is offensive, n'est pas, Marcel? ), aquatic, semiaquatic, or terrestrial amphibians of the order Anura and especially of the family Ranidae, characteristically having a smooth moist skin, webbed feet, and long hind legs adapted for leaping.
    2. A wedge-shaped, horny prominence in the sole of a horse's hoof.
    3. A loop fastened to a belt to hold a tool or weapon.
    4. An ornamental looped braid or cord with a button or knot for fastening the front of a garment.
    5. A device on intersecting railroad tracks that permits wheels to cross the junction.
    6. A spiked or perforated device used to support stems in a flower arrangement.
    7. The nut of a violin bow.
    8. Informal Hoarseness or phlegm in the throat.
    9. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a French person.

Adding this one 10. A finished room over a garage

11. Verb - to "frog" a circuit means that you have switched some part of the circuit with the same part in another circuit to determine what part is failing.

Last edited by John Kogel; 08-01-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca