Default Another great Inspector has left our ranks

I've posted this at the INACHI public forums but will repeat it here for those who do not view that forum. Please pass the news and contribute as you can. I will direct his family to this post as well.

It is with a heavy heart that I make this post. Benny Stewart has passed away. You can view his obituary at http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bos...&pid=153179259.

Benny was a former Green Beret and full Freemason who carried his ethics, honesty, hard work, and love of people into this profession. Benny was instrumental and worked to help create the North Texas INACHI chapter. In our profession he held the following credentials among others.

• Texas Department of State Health Services- Mold Assessment Consultant License #MAC0558
    • Texas Real Estate Commission - Professional Real Estate Inspector License #6662
    • Texas Department of Insurance – VIP Inspector Certificate #12111061051
    • Texas Department of Insurance - Adjuster P&C License # 1123638
    • Master Inspector Certification Board - Certified Master Inspector
    • Southern Council of Professional Building Inspectors
    • North Texas Chapter - National Association of Certified Home Inspectors
    • National Association of Certified Home Inspectors - NACHI#3121907
    • IESO - Certified Residential Mold Inspector #12535
    I have known Benny for a very short 6 years, have worked with him on inspection jobs, taken extended training courses with him, socialized with him, and most of all learned from him.

His family is writing his eulogy for tomorrow's services and would like some more input from the Inspector community regarding his involvement in the profession. If you would like to contribute your anecdotes, your experiences with Benny, any other information that can help them please post here. I will direct them to this post.

As a military Veteran myself I prefer to view his leaving not as a departure from this world but instead as a unit reassignment. Benny has been reassigned to God's own Special Forces, and God has gained an exemplary soldier! Benny will me missed but certainly not forgotten by all those whose lives he has touched!!

Please take a moment and add your anecdotes and information for the family to use.