Christian Tag Guest

Default Valley flashing !

Hi everyone, Im new on this forum and its my first post !

I wondered if I should mention in the report when I don't see the flashing in a roof valley... I see only old caulking and don't know if the flashing is present underneath. If so, what wording should I use ?

Thank you

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Valley flashing !

Christian,

You need to be careful what you make statements about things you do not see. If you make a statement because you suspect something you need to have reasonable cause to do so and you should state why in your report. I would refer the roof for further analyses and inspection if I thought that there was some hidden defect.

Jeff Zehnder - Home Inspector, Raleigh, NC
    http://www.jjeffzehnder.com/
    http://carolinahomeinspections.com/

I'm assuming it is a shingle roof with a woven valley. When I see caulking in a valley that would raise a flag to check or re-check if I could see any type of staining or water in the attic in that area.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Christian Tag Guest

Thank you for your quick answers !!

I think I'm gonna be on this forum quite often, I've started a few months ago a new career as a building inspector

So far I like it except the fact real estate agents can be quite annoying...You know the type of guy that nothing is a MAJOR problem to his eyes unless the house is falling apart. Or you have the ones that pretend to know everything... to the point they're almost doing my job