Default Electrical inspection

A buss duct with a bad connection.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Electrical inspection

art

great picture--but what are we seeing--how about explaining to those who don't use flir

cvf

Binford Tools Guest

If the oven or dryer is on and pulling a load, the connection will get warm. Your reading 127 degrees which is very warm, and you could feel that with you finger on the front of the cir. breaker Getting close to rating on the breaker. 140 - 167 degrees. 60-75C

Which breaker is it? 15amp or 20 amp or 30 amp, etc. Is it the dryer or oven on?

I would think the next thing to check would be the load. I have a clamp over the wire amp meter that would tell me the load. So if your pulling say 8amps on a 30 amp breaker then you have an issue for sure.

Would be great to get some real world insight from you. Those IR camera are showing better detail issue just like this. Vs breaker warm to touch vs hot. 121 is getting pretty hot, not sure how long you could hold your finger on that breaker.

Looking at your pic again, are we just seeing a bus bar? I just assume it was breakers
    It looks like the connection is not clean and tight. I see two small round hot spots, those could be the connections.
    I guess I needed a before and after pic, just so I know what I'm looking at LOL

Looks like conduit runs, above suspended ceiling, in a commercial building to me.

The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

To answer the question, this shot was taken in a large manufacturing facility in Indiana. We inspected switch gear, electrical panels, transformers, motors, air compressors, chillers, and buss ducts. This company elected not to inspect control panels but I always suggest that even though its low voltage. Buss ducts have a connection every 10 feet and if there is a loose wire, they get warm. With my Flir T200 I can shoot from the floor whereas if I had a lesser camera I would have to get on a man lift, open ports, and it would take days instead of hours.

I never rely on temp alone to determine if a component is damaged, defective or faulty.