Gary Lura Guest

Default Wedge Crack Repair

Looking for suggestion on repairing a wedge crack. Brick above appears to be intact.
    I'm in ND, so see everything from extreme heat to extreme cold.
    Any suggestions?

One thought was to remove the chunk, drill into foundation wall and place rebar in hole, place forms around the corner and re-pour that corner. Once complete, tuckpoint mortar under the brick to try to fill any gaps.

Also, any suggestions on how to prevent this? I've seen one suggestion of placing 30mil plastic on the brick ledge. Would that be done just at the corner or is it best to do that on the entire brick ledge?
    I'm building another all brick house and will be using a very dark brick, so would like to do what I can to prevent this.

thanks in advance,
    gary

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Wedge Crack Repair

We need pictures. 640 X 480 pixels in size.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Gary Lura Guest

oops. Sorry, didn't see the attachment icon in the text editor, so put a link to my skydrive instead.

Should be attached now.

thanks again,
    gary

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Gary Lura Guest

Just checking if anyone has suggestions on this? See previous post and pictures.

thanks,
    gary

Welcome Gary,

Pictures link in your op shows a white pipe if this is draining water to this area it needs to be moved 6 feet from the foundation.

For a remedy ( very hard to judge with out seeing more than 2 closeups) I would recommend contacting a competent foundation contractor most offer a Life Time warranty on their repairs.
    Impossible to comment on your New build as Soil type, Grading , Foundation type and structural specifics of the home all are factors.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Darrel Hood Guest

The plastic liner on the entire brick ledge is a common practice and, in my opinion, a good practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Hood View Post
    ]The plastic liner on the entire brick ledge is a common practice and, in my opinion, a good practice.
    So what's the purpose of this pipe?
    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=12cc6ce3b81e0fb2&id=12CC6CE3B81E0FB2!1886&sff =1#cid=12CC6CE3B81E0FB2&id=12CC6CE3B81E0FB2!1888

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Gary Lura Guest

Good Observation onthe pvc. That is a section of PVC that is just laying there. It is not hooked up to anything. Downspouts closest to those corners carry water 6' or more from the house on ground sloped away from the house.

thanks,
    gary