Default State of Tennessee H.I. License Board meeting

I discovered that the State of TN Home Inspector License Program will be holding a meeting on September 15th. It is in Nashville at the board offices.
    710 James Robertson Parkway..... Second floor conference room.
    Start time is 9:30am.

This is an important meeting that will cover some new rules and changes to the rules. From what I have seen most of the changes will be for the better, a few need some more thought and work. If you can make it to the meeting it would be great to show support for the positive changes and to voice your opinion on what you do not like.

This is the announcement of the meeting..

http://www.state.tn.us/commerce/boar...09-15-2011.pdf

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Default Re: State of Tennessee H.I. License Board meeting

Is there a list of the changes, or proposed changes, anywhere?

Clarksville Home Inspection
    JW Goad
    TN License #307 | KY License #2402

Why is it they don't notify until the last minute?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Why is it they don't notify until the last minute?
    They did not notify anyone, it is on their website! The state does not have to notify anyone, all they have to do is to post a notice in a public place 30 days before the meeting. The website is considered to be a public place...!

I found out from Ray Baird who was just appointed to the board, he is our chapter president and told us about it at our chapter meeting.

You have to go to the meeting to findout about the changes or proposed changes.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Paul Edmonson Guest

Scott this meeting has been changed to Tuesday 20th and it isn't a rule making hearing. It is to discuss the proposed changes. It is my understanding that there won't be much time for discussion from the floor due to the tight agenda. The rule making hearing is the time for that and it has not been set yet.

Paul

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Edmonson View Post
    Scott this meeting has been changed to Tuesday 20th and it isn't a rule making hearing. It is to discuss the proposed changes. It is my understanding that there won't be much time for discussion from the floor due to the tight agenda. The rule making hearing is the time for that and it has not been set yet.

Paul
    To discuss the proposed changes. I am certainly not from Ten but don't you think the discussion for changes should be an open discussion to all and not wait till the end to vote on the changes. If there is a large group of people that the changes will affect then they should all be part of the discussion even if it is just emails or texts sent in and commented on.

The problem we are in today is the masses were not in on the discussion of the decision making other than voting for someone every 4 to 6 years. There needs to be a tighter rain on the discussions about the decisions before the decisions are put forth for discussion

Yeah think?