Aaron Miller Guest

Red face Report Writing Program for Texas

I have been using InspectIt's Report Pro for Texas (based on MS Word) for years, am not either fond or sick of it, but would like to research other possibilities.

Is anyone aware of a software program that will easily import my autotext comments from my program? It will also need to be pre-formatted in the TREC-acceptable lame-ass form.

Thanks,

Aaron

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Report Writing Program for Texas

Call Sean at HomeGauge.

I know they've got a Texas format and he can best explain the easiest way to transfer your comments.

Home Inspection Software and Reports - HomeGauge

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Aaron,

I use the Inspect-it program also.

What I have done is make one report with the typical boiler plate comments that we tend to use day in and day out. I can always alter the comments to the inspection.

I then go through this report and basically delete off what I don't need. The master copy of this report is probably 50-75 pages long. I have some example pictures on the report also to show what a "cricket, GFCI, ..... and so on. It works great for me.

Tried doing all the auto insert type programming and it just didn't work for me.

I did try another program, but went bad to my old ways. The other just didn't work for us.

Rick

wade chapman Guest

Aaron try whispersoultions.com. I user there software and I am very pleased with it. They are a Texas co. Call and talk to Larry White there phone No. is on the site

Mike Boyett Guest

Wade, I agree. I've used WhisperSolutions products for several years now. I recommend a new user start with WhisperPI with the Texas 7a-0 template as it is a proven, sound, easy to use product. Use that for a while and then graduate to the Whisper Reporter s/w. Reporter is extremely flexible and capable but is not for the novice.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Aaron,

I agree with those who have posted favorable comments about Whisper Solutions products. Great products, great service.

As Mike noted Whisper PI is easier to deal with at first. Whisper Reporter takes a lot more digging in, but is fantastically (hmmm is that a word?) customizable.

Larry White and Eric Himmer developed Whisper PI around the Texas TREC form. They also have a WDI module so you can do it all in one and deliver in the same PDF file. Drawings and all.

I was fortunate to have worked with them on the beta development of Reporter for over a year before it was released.

Whisper Computer Solutions, Inc. - Home of WhisperPI, Property Inspection Report Software

Aaron Miller Guest

Smile Re: Report Writing Program for Texas

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Aaron

imported_John Smith Guest

Look on ebay. The other day I saw several programs listed that run the lame ass TREC report.

One in particular caught my eye at $100.00

It was an earlier version of a decent program direct (new in box) from the software company.

Claudia Lawrence Guest

Call us for a sample report to see if it fits into your scheme of what a report is about.

1(888) 635-0121

Aaron Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imported_John Smith View Post
    Look on ebay. The other day I saw several programs listed that run the lame ass TREC report.

One in particular caught my eye at $100.00

It was an earlier version of a decent program direct (new in box) from the software company.
    Ebay may have better support too. I contacted Whisper Solutions via email and have yet to hear anthing from them. Typical in my experience for geeks who do HI software.

Aaron

wade chapman Guest

Aron if you go to there web site the will let you down load the program and try for 30 days free. I haved used them for 4 Years now and i am very happy with it

Last edited by wade chapman; 08-13-2007 at 12:15 PM.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Aaron,

As Wade noted you can go to their website and download either PI or Report or both and demo (full version) for 30 days.

Downloads include manuals and you can also go through that to see about importing your comments. I brought all mine in from a Microsoft Word product.

Will depend on your starting point for bringing those data points in. Sometimes it is better to save to a text file or a delimited file or Lord knows what. Sometimes putzing with a portion of the data to test is the best way to go.

They are busy and they will be in touch and they have great customer service. I've been working with them for over five years and I know many long-time TX HI's who have been working with them a lot longer and also have high regard for them and their product.

Don't be so hasty about your experience of a lack of 'immediate' reply. Give 'em a chance.

Richard Stanley Guest

I started using Whisper about 2002. It is terrific. Constant free upgrades, great support. Nolan is right - they are busy. I think you will find any wait well worth it. Again, you don't have to wait - download it and try it.

Mike Boyett Guest

I contacted Whisper Solutions via email and have yet to hear anthing from them.
    Aaron, I always get very prompt responses to any questions I have for Whisper Solutions. Do you remember what e-mail address you used to send your question to?

Everyone should also keep in mind that Whisper products are not just for Texas use, they are usable anywhere for whatever format you need. They just do have a good Texas report template.

Last edited by Mike Boyett; 08-21-2007 at 06:33 PM.

wade chapman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Boyett View Post
    Aaron, I always get very prompt responses to any questions I have for Whisper Solutions. Do you remember what e-mail address you used to send your question to?

Everyone should also keep in mind that Whisper products are not just for Texas use, they are usable anywhere for whatever format you need. They just do have a good Texas report template.
    Mike I have had the same results. larry has helped me with problems that some times where not even related with whispersoulitions program. Larry has called me and help me with question on equipment and ideas that had nothing to do with using there program.

Arron take your time, and make sure you go to wispersoulitions.com download the programs that you need and try them. I turned my borther inlaw on to them and he is a hvac tech and HI and also a contractor on off shore hvac equipment and compression chambers on ships for deep sea diviers. He loves whisper soulations and the reporter program.

imported_John Smith Guest

I just came across this on ebay. Looks like a really good deal. Im probably going to buy one.

ebay Item number: 220142782473
    XL Pro 5 Home Inspection Report. 100% TREC Compliant
    75% Off Sale
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Buy it now price $99.00

End time: Aug-29-07 10:03:55 PDT (6 days 16 hours)
    Shipping costs: US $5.85
    US Postal Service Priority MailĀ®
    Service to United States
    (more services)
    Ships to: United States, Canada, Mexico
    Item location: Sylvania, Ohio, United States
    XL Pro 5 Texas Edition
    Home and Commercial Inspection Report Software

NEW! Released July 7, 2006
    version 5.1.6

The Standard in Professional Home and Commercial Inspection Software

from