Thread: HI Pro question

Default HI Pro question

So i'm testing the HI pro program and have a question.
    Q: If I am working in a report and want to save a comment to the library (template?) permanently. Do I just press "save template"? So if you made 10 new comments on-the-fly, you would press save template 10 x's - once after each new comment?
    Thanks

Member Benefits1

Default Re: HI Pro question

If you wanted to save all 10, you can do it after each one, or save them all at once by saving the template anytime while you are in the inspection. Don't forget to save the inspection.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    If you wanted to save all 10, you can do it after each one, or save them all at once by saving the template anytime while you are in the inspection. Don't forget to save the inspection.
    Thanks Steve,
    coming from IV4 for so many years it's just hard to get used to. But it's pretty cool so far.

Anytime Mark.

I've been using HiPro for about 4-5 years now, and have never felt the need to change. I've created 3 different templates; Home Inspections, EIFS inspections, and Building Envelope inspections.

Feel free to contact me for any help you need. You should also visit the site as there are lots of simple and quick tutorials, other users that are better at it than me, and online help from Dom. He has never failed me and is always responsive (7 days a week).

Just saw this post but it looks like Steven has you covered!

Steven, I'm hoping to be in your area in February, I hope we can catch up for lunch or something!

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

I really look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    Hi Steve, I suppose I should test it but I thought if you saved a template in the middle of the inspection after adding new comments it would also save any other information you had already input into that template, such as client data etc. Is this not the case? If not, this will simplify my life considerably. Currently, I just make a note that I want to add a particular missing comment to a template and then do it later back in the office on the bare template that does not contain any client data.
    Dana

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Bostick View Post
    Hi Steve, I suppose I should test it but I thought if you saved a template in the middle of the inspection after adding new comments it would also save any other information you had already input into that template, such as client data etc. Is this not the case? If not, this will simplify my life considerably. Currently, I just make a note that I want to add a particular missing comment to a template and then do it later back in the office on the bare template that does not contain any client data.
    Dana
    Dana, saving a template does not save any client information. Only Save Inspection saves that data. You should be saving your template WHILE you do your inspection. You don't have to run it as a separate application or do it later like in some other programs.

If you add/edit a comment on the left side of an observation panel and save template it'll update your template. If you make the change on the right (minor/major observation) it will only save with the inspection. This way your narratives don't get clogged up with one time use comments.

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

Cool, that makes things easier
    Dana

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504