Default ABS supply Plumbing?

Of course house is empty, and has been winterized, and the water is still shut off. Client accepted the inspection that way.

Main line from street, black vinyl with clamp then 3/4" abs black plastic supply line, I read the abs on it said 100 psi as well. All in basement, where the laundry room is. The supply plumbing by the laundry area is a conglomerate of PVC, CPVC, ABS, copper going up to the bath tub and some galvanized. I am clearly going to say this mess need cleaned up by a plumber

Main question is Black abs even ok to drink out of? I do not believe I have ever seen 3/4 black plastic,

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: ABS supply Plumbing?

ABS is approved for water service piping, color does not matter. What does matter is the standard to which it was tested. Water service piping goes "to" the structure and does not "enter" or go into the structure.

From the IRC:
    - TABLE P2904.4
    - - WATER SERVICE PIPE
    - - - Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastic pipe - and marked - ASTM D 1527 or ASTM D 2282

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thank you I did search Google, and Inspection news for half an hour before posting.

Any primer on the PVC?

Yes it actually looks like they used the right glues on all the different materials. I am going back in the am to check a few things out that I want more info on. (newbi stuff) and will take a picture of the whole mess.