Default Minimum slope for metal roof

Came across this metal roof over a deck today. Metal roof does not contact gable roof of manufactured home, but I am wondering if that changes the requirement for minimum slope. Also what is the minimum slope for a metal roof?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Minimum slope for metal roof

Realistically, any more than 1/4" per foot would okay at all but the most windy times. Since it's just over a deck if it had at least that much I probably wouldn't comment. I've built many of those patio covers over the years (it rains a lot in Oregon ) and they've been fine. Realistically, I slope them more than the bare minimum.

As for the bare minimum for a metal roof over a house, I'm not sure but I'd bet someone here will know. A standard standing seam metal roof would have to be good down to at least 2:12 I'd think.

badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

Most metal roof panels call for a minimum 4/12 slope.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Most any type of roof covering,recommends a 4/12 pitch,in order to be effective.

W. Craig McDougald Guest

While I was a commercial roof estimator, I saw specifications for metal roofs with slopes as low as 3/8" per foot, approved by the Manufacturer.

Mueller currently accepts 1/2"/12 for "R" panels and 1"/12 for "U" panels, one layer underlayment; no underlayment on lath.

Their CF panel ("snap-lock" type Standing seam) and AP panel both require 3/12, same underlayment requirements as above.

Mueller, Inc. - Downloads

Hope this helps