Raghav Singh Guest

Default Leaking Faucet/ Unusual set up

Good Evening,
    I was wondering if someone familiar with drains could help me understand what is going on here. I have not yet figured out how to place markers in my pics as soon as I do , I will add them to make it easier.

The faucet fixture leaks slowly out of the back right corner. In addition the tube underneath is leaking (somewhat visibly in the pic) at that pipe clamp looking thing.

I am not really sure what is going on here the pipe which has the attachment (clamp?) runs down from the faucet and ostensibly back up to it. I have never seen anything like this , so I do not know the function of that tube, why there is an attachment or why it is leaking at that point. The PVC drain to the right is functioning properly with no leaks. Let me know if any additional info will help

Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Leaking Faucet/ Unusual set up

Quote Originally Posted by Raghav Singh View Post
    I have not yet figured out how to place markers in my pics

The faucet fixture leaks slowly out of the back right corner.

the function of that tube,
    Right click Picture and Open with Paint

Contact a Competent Plumer for Repair or Replacement.

It's the Pull Out Feature of The Faucet weighted bulge pulls water line back as you replace the pull out Sprayer.
    * looks like The Painter Sprayed EVERY THING.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Raghav
    I give it a try
    The pull out wand is loose at the hose
    Tighten the wand, no more leak

I have the exact same one in my kitchen

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Raghav Singh Guest

Thanks for the info! As always its incredibly helpful, I end up wasting alot of study time which can be much better used, trying to track down things like this , which is tough when you don't know what to look for.

Its much appreciated , good night all.

For the purpose of an inspection, you would report that the faucet is leaking. It isn't always clear where the leak is, and sometimes it may be multiple leaks.
    But you need to know that that faucet doubles as a sprayer hose.
    The black rubber button converts normal head to spray head. Sometimes that knob will malfunction. The clamp on the hose is a weight. Sometimes it is not clamped properly.
    Sometimes the hose snags on the base. If the clamp underneath is crooked, it snags the sprayer hose.

Last edited by John Kogel; 10-26-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca